Insert ATL COM Object missing
Author Message
 Insert ATL COM Object missing

I'm following through a tutorial on using ATL from CodeProject. I've used
the ATL AppWizard to create the workspace and have the basic code, the
tutorial then goes into inserting an ATL object -- it says to use the Insert
menu to select insert an object, this then brings up a dialog with a few
options for the object. This option isn't in my Insert menu.

I then enabled the ATL Toolbar, and this has 1 button -- Insert COM
Object -- this is grayed out. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm using Visual Studio 6 on Windows XP Pro. I've just re-installed VS6 so
haven't applied SP5 yet -- its currently downloading, not long left!

Anyway, just wondered if anyone had experienced this problem, or knew what
might be causing it?

Thanks,
Paul

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:39:10 GMT
 Insert ATL COM Object missing
After installing SP5 the toolbar icon is there and working properly. Phew.

Quote:
> I'm following through a tutorial on using ATL from CodeProject. I've used
> the ATL AppWizard to create the workspace and have the basic code, the
> tutorial then goes into inserting an ATL object -- it says to use the
Insert
> menu to select insert an object, this then brings up a dialog with a few
> options for the object. This option isn't in my Insert menu.

> I then enabled the ATL Toolbar, and this has 1 button -- Insert COM
> Object -- this is grayed out. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
> I'm using Visual Studio 6 on Windows XP Pro. I've just re-installed VS6 so
> haven't applied SP5 yet -- its currently downloading, not long left!

> Anyway, just wondered if anyone had experienced this problem, or knew what
> might be causing it?

> Thanks,
> Paul

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:29:20 GMT

1. Insert New ATL Object is Missing From The Context Menu

2. Insert New ATL Object DIalog Missing

3. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

4. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

5. COM/ATL novice:passing object pointers through methods on a COM interface

6. LOOKING FOR: ATL Com+ C++ Object Pooled Connection Object (PAID JOB)

7. ATL COM OBjects as regular c++ objects

8. ATL object containing COM object

9. Errors trying to insert new ATL Object

10. Errors trying to insert ATL Object with wizard

11. ATL Object Wizard missing

12. New ATL Object selection on Insert menu