Using Attribute to add custom registry entries
Author Message
 Using Attribute to add custom registry entries

Hi,

I'm trying to build some namspace extentions in ATL 7.  To registrer folder
attributes (eg: InfoTip) I need to add registry entries that do not exist in
the default c++ attributes.

I have added the entries to the default rgs script (see below).  But when
the object is unregistered the CLSID\{UUID} bit seems to cause issues.  My
theory is that the inbuilt unregistration has already removed the key and
therefore causes an error when the attempt is made to remove the key again
(as you would expect).

To overcome this I need to inject the extra reg entries as a part of the
automatic ones.  Does anyone know how?

Regards,

Scott Egan

HKCR {

    NoRemove CLSID {

        ForceRemove {815F8953-E112-4854-99CF-D8029A1B17DF} = s 'My Jobs' {

            val 'InfoTip' = s 'A Test folder'

            ShellFolder {

                val 'Attributes' = d '4026531856'

                val 'WantsFORRARSING' = s ''

                val 'HideOnDesktopPerUser' = s ''

                val 'DefaultIcon' = s '%systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll,5'

        }

    }

    }

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:25:14 GMT
 Using Attribute to add custom registry entries

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Using Attribute to add custom registry entries
So if fixed the syntax errors (sorry) but the script still doesn't register
the extra bits under the CLSID\{UUID}.  I now think that the rgs file is
passed to the registry before the attributed entries and the whole key is
deleted and recreated therefore my variations to it are lost.

Thoughts?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to build some namspace extentions in ATL 7.  To registrer
folder
> attributes (eg: InfoTip) I need to add registry entries that do not exist
in
> the default c++ attributes.

> I have added the entries to the default rgs script (see below).  But when
> the object is unregistered the CLSID\{UUID} bit seems to cause issues.  My
> theory is that the inbuilt unregistration has already removed the key and
> therefore causes an error when the attempt is made to remove the key again
> (as you would expect).

> To overcome this I need to inject the extra reg entries as a part of the
> automatic ones.  Does anyone know how?

> Regards,

> Scott Egan

> HKCR {

>     NoRemove CLSID {

>         ForceRemove {815F8953-E112-4854-99CF-D8029A1B17DF} = s 'My Jobs' {

>             val 'InfoTip' = s 'A Test folder'

>             ShellFolder {

>                 val 'Attributes' = d '4026531856'

>                 val 'WantsFORRARSING' = s ''

>                 val 'HideOnDesktopPerUser' = s ''

>                 val 'DefaultIcon' = s

'%systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll,5'

>         }

>     }

>     }

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:47:21 GMT

1. Adding registry entries

2. How to add entry to registry ?

3. Simply way to add registry entries with mfc 5.0

4. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

5. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

6. Retriving attribute from custom attribute collection

7. Creating custom attribute in assembly and accessing attribute from different project

8. how to read and write registry entry

9. ActiveX Control entries in registry

10. ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces

11. registry entry

12. about registry entry NoSaveSettings