Again SAFEARRAY...
Author Message
 Again SAFEARRAY...

The question... In SAFEARRAY can I create few dimensions with different data
types? I mind if I need first column will be as BSTR and second as long. Is
it possible to do?
When I call SafeArrayCreate macros I set as paameter data type. But I think
this data type what i'm past there propagated to all array. I mind all items
there is the same data type. Is it true? And how to do it different.

Thanks a lot.

--

Sincerely German
================

Sun, 23 May 2004 01:26:13 GMT
 Again SAFEARRAY...
You can have a SAFEARRAY of VARIANTs, which in turn can hold different types
(including other SAFEARRAYs).
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> The question... In SAFEARRAY can I create few dimensions with different
data
> types? I mind if I need first column will be as BSTR and second as long.
Is
> it possible to do?
> When I call SafeArrayCreate macros I set as paameter data type. But I
think
> this data type what i'm past there propagated to all array. I mind all
items
> there is the same data type. Is it true? And how to do it different.

Sun, 23 May 2004 02:53:57 GMT
 Again SAFEARRAY...
O, great idea :-))
Thank you.

--

Sincerely German
================
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

Quote:
> You can have a SAFEARRAY of VARIANTs, which in turn can hold different
types
> (including other SAFEARRAYs).
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
> wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > The question... In SAFEARRAY can I create few dimensions with different
> data
> > types? I mind if I need first column will be as BSTR and second as long.
> Is
> > it possible to do?
> > When I call SafeArrayCreate macros I set as paameter data type. But I
> think
> > this data type what i'm past there propagated to all array. I mind all
> items
> > there is the same data type. Is it true? And how to do it different.

Mon, 24 May 2004 16:57:27 GMT

1. Copy 1D safeArray to 2D safearray

2. How to create safearray or safearray?

3. Accessing Safearray of Safearrays in C++

4. multithreading, again and again!

5. multithreading, again and again!

6. Have to build .exe again and again!

7. compile error for SafeArray

8. IDL for passing SAFEARRAY (BSTR)

9. Accessing SAFEARRAY

10. satype, SAFEARRAY and SOAP

11. SAFEARRAY in attributed ATL7 Project

12. SAFEARRAY in Attributed ATL7