WTL MDI bug found
Author Message
 WTL MDI bug found

Greetings everybody,
  I thing WTL is very good software & I use it more than four months.
However, I found out a bug and I wonder whether somebody could help me ;-).
  It's very easy to simulate the bug - just use the Wizard and create MDI
Application. Then leave all the rest by default.
  The Wizard will generate the sources and you could compile them.
  You could start the Application. Then choose File/New and you will see
first child window.
  And comes the problem:
You could see that child window has its own Maximize/Minimize and Close
buttons at its upper right corner. But if you maximize the child it loses
its own buttons. It must show its own buttons on the menu bar, just below
main window buttons. That is the regular behavior. Its very inconvenient,
because you hardly manipulate the child window since that. I must notice
that this behavior of MDI child window appears ONLY if you have ReBar. If
you create WTL MDI interface without ReBar (you could uncheck the option
when use the Wizard), everything is fine, however you lose functionality
;-(.
  The bug is essential and I thing it will be nice if somebody could fix it
( or tell us how to do that ;-) ).

Project Manager
EuroRisk Systems Ltd. +359(52)230103

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:32:51 GMT
 WTL MDI bug found

Quote:
>   The bug is essential and I thing it will be nice if somebody could fix
it
> ( or tell us how to do that ;-) ).

This is a limitation of the command bar control (which hosts the menu strip
in a rebar band). If using MDI, don't use command bars...

Another command bar bug is the lack of support for win2k/winme's hiding of
keyboard shortcuts.

Matt

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 03:22:24 GMT

1. WTL bug found

2. WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

3. WTL MDI

4. wtl mdi

5. WTL MDI System Icon Question

6. MDI App using WTL with rebars

7. ATL WTL MDI HTML HELP!!!!!

8. WTL MDI Window

9. button disappear in MDI of WTL !!!

10. A Hard To Find Bug - Found

11. WTL documentation , where to find

12. Where can I find the WTL documentation?