Using VB ActiveX DLL Class in IDL
Author Message
 Using VB ActiveX DLL Class in IDL

Hi

I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB that I would like to
use in my VC++ ATL/COM application.  The DLL contains a
class that I would like to specify in my .idl file as an
[out] parameter.  Is this possible?

[id(1), helpstring("TestMethod")] HRESULT TestMethod([out]
MyClass *pMyClass); -> where MyClass is the class in the
VB ActiveX DLL

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Kind regards

Julia Beresford

Tue, 18 May 2004 22:50:59 GMT
 Using VB ActiveX DLL Class in IDL
Specify its interface instead. Open the type library of that DLL
in OLEView and see the name of the interface. Maybe something
like _MyClass. Of course you have to importlib() this type library
and define your interface inside the library block...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi

> I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB that I would like to
> use in my VC++ ATL/COM application.  The DLL contains a
> class that I would like to specify in my .idl file as an
> [out] parameter.  Is this possible?

> [id(1), helpstring("TestMethod")] HRESULT TestMethod([out]
> MyClass *pMyClass); -> where MyClass is the class in the
> VB ActiveX DLL

> Thanks in advance for any help with this!

> Kind regards

> Julia Beresford

Wed, 19 May 2004 07:10:15 GMT

1. Problem using VB 5 activex DLL in a VC++ activex control

2. Howto: Pass class object from VB ActiveX DLL to MFC

3. Key/tab problems using VB ActiveX controls in MFC CView and derived classes or PropertyPage

4. Using VC++ to access ActiveX DLL created by VB

5. Using VB ActiveX DLL in raw C++??

6. Problem in using VB Activex dll in Atl service

7. Help accessing VB ActiveX DLL from C using only Win32

8. Can call a VB ActiveX DLL's method using Invoke, but not directly

9. Using VB-created Activex DLLs in a VC program

10. using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress from C++ to get at VB ActiveX DLL

11. Using VB ActiveX Dll don't get any dispatch

12. Using vb.net classes in C++ Win32 DLLs