Simple doubt-Dll
Author Message
 Simple doubt-Dll

If my dll is going to be used by multiple applications, will the code of dll
be placed in every client application.

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:03:05 GMT
 Simple doubt-Dll
no, Its going to be shared by all application.

Vinod

Quote:
> If my dll is going to be used by multiple applications, will the code of
dll
> be placed in every client application.

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:57:55 GMT
 Simple doubt-Dll
Doesn't code sharing require that all dll instances be loaded at the same
start address?

Dirk

Quote:
> no, Its going to be shared by all application.

> Vinod

> > If my dll is going to be used by multiple applications, will the code of
> dll
> > be placed in every client application.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:17:05 GMT
 Simple doubt-Dll
No. DLLs are mapped in each cleint's address space. The code
itself is not shared in memory, only on disk.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Doesn't code sharing require that all dll instances be loaded at the same
> start address?

> Dirk

> > no, Its going to be shared by all application.

> > Vinod

> > > If my dll is going to be used by multiple applications, will the code of
> > dll
> > > be placed in every client application.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 02:28:51 GMT
 Simple doubt-Dll
ya for code sharing what ur saying is right.
but each application maps that DLL to client space as Alexander said.

But i think the question was

Quote:
>>will the code of dll  be placed in every client application

This is not true.

suppose u have some global variables in ur DLL in that case each application
is going to
get its own copy of that data.

Vinod

Quote:
> Doesn't code sharing require that all dll instances be loaded at the same
> start address?

> Dirk

> > no, Its going to be shared by all application.

> > Vinod

> > > If my dll is going to be used by multiple applications, will the code
of
> > dll
> > > be placed in every client application.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:05:23 GMT

1. simple doubt-dll

2. microsoft visual studio - simple doubt

3. Doubt using Simple Object

4. Doubt While using Simple Object

5. Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

6. simple C++ string doubt

7. Simple Doubt on Mouse Event Capture

8. Some simple STL doubts.

9. simple lib and simple dll