Bug? Help strings in attributed enums
Author Message
 Bug? Help strings in attributed enums

When using IDL I can add help strings to an enum for
example:

     typedef [v1_enum] enum nicVisionStringLengths
     {
       [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
       MaxChannelName = 12,
       [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
       MaxComment = 1023,
     } nicVisionStringLengths ;

When I try to do the same in attributed code I get
compiler errors. So the following does not compile:

[export, v1_enum]
     typedef enum nicVisionStringLengths
     {
       [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
       MaxChannelName = 12,
       [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
       MaxComment = 1023,
     } nicVisionStringLengths ;

I also tried idl_quote but that doesn't help either.
Is this a bug?

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:03:08 GMT
 Bug? Help strings in attributed enums
Try removing trailing commas after helpstring()
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> When using IDL I can add help strings to an enum for
> example:

>      typedef [v1_enum] enum nicVisionStringLengths
>      {
>        [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
>        MaxChannelName = 12,
>        [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
>        MaxComment = 1023,
>      } nicVisionStringLengths ;

> When I try to do the same in attributed code I get
> compiler errors. So the following does not compile:

> [export, v1_enum]
>      typedef enum nicVisionStringLengths
>      {
>        [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
>        MaxChannelName = 12,
>        [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
>        MaxComment = 1023,
>      } nicVisionStringLengths ;

> I also tried idl_quote but that doesn't help either.
> Is this a bug?

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:12:34 GMT
 Bug? Help strings in attributed enums
Doesn't help.

It's not supported. After looking in the help I found that this is a missing
feature.

Edwin

Quote:
> Try removing trailing commas after helpstring()
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > When using IDL I can add help strings to an enum for
> > example:

> >      typedef [v1_enum] enum nicVisionStringLengths
> >      {
> >        [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
> >        MaxChannelName = 12,
> >        [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
> >        MaxComment = 1023,
> >      } nicVisionStringLengths ;

> > When I try to do the same in attributed code I get
> > compiler errors. So the following does not compile:

> > [export, v1_enum]
> >      typedef enum nicVisionStringLengths
> >      {
> >        [helpstring("Maximum length of channel name"),]
> >        MaxChannelName = 12,
> >        [helpstring("Maximum length of comment"),]
> >        MaxComment = 1023,
> >      } nicVisionStringLengths ;

> > I also tried idl_quote but that doesn't help either.
> > Is this a bug?

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:14:02 GMT

1. Problem boxing enums as attribute properties

2. Help embedding enums or defines within string const.

3. BUG: bit-packed structs of enums

4. enums indexed by enums (again)

5. Converting Enums 2 String

6. attributed perfmon/unicode - bug or oopsie?

7. Attribute bug in ATL 7?

8. Bug: set_error_info attribute doesn't work

9. VC7 Attribute Processor bug?

10. Bug: ATL7, PerfMon attributes, Unicode

11. Bug in File Attributes defines??

12. Invalid connection string attribute