WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL
Author Message
 WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

Hi All,

I created a SDI application in WTL and tried to insert a simple COM Object.
But I was not able to do it.

I am getting the following error message.

Currently ATL Objects may only be added to ATL Projects, or certain types of
MFC projects (EXE, Control, Regular DLL)

Please help me.

What this means? How can I create simple COM objects using WTL? Please help.

Thanks
Anand

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:09:36 GMT
 WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL
Did you make it as a COM server? If not, create a separate ATL project
and create the object there, then just copy the files and copy/paste the
interface definition and the object entry. Or write it by hand from by
copy/paste of another object and modify the code (that's what I do...)
Note that if you haven't specified the COM server option, the WTL
appwizard has not created the framework for registering class objects.
You'll have to create another WTL project and copy/paste the code
in the main file. (Or add it by hand.)

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I created a SDI application in WTL and tried to insert a simple COM
Object.
> But I was not able to do it.

> I am getting the following error message.

> Currently ATL Objects may only be added to ATL Projects, or certain types
of
> MFC projects (EXE, Control, Regular DLL)

> Please help me.

> What this means? How can I create simple COM objects using WTL? Please
help.

> Thanks
> Anand

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:04:46 GMT

1. New book on WTL

2. WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)

3. Adding COM components to a WTL project

4. Windows Template Library (WTL 7.0) for COM DLL

5. Howto implement COM control with scrolling using ATL/WTL

6. Errors trying to insert new ATL Object

7. WTL edit controls in COM controls and beeps

8. ClipCode and WTL - Threads with COM and Windowing

9. WTL project: ATL Object Wizard

10. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

11. VC++ managed and WTL - do they works together ??

12. MSNEWS: WTL 7.0 released!