ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a
Author Message
 ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a

Hi,

    I had an ATL DLL , used to perform self registration at compile time.
But suddenly , it stopped registrying. Now DllRegisterServer(...) method is
throwing error code : 0x80029c4a which means :: "Error loading type
library/DLL. "
This is wizard generated  code  ::=

STDAPI DllRegisterServer(void)
{
    // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
    return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);

Quote:
}

Did i screwed up something by mistake .....
Please help....

Thanx,

-- Jitendra

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:30:27 GMT
 ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a
If your server does not supply nor use a TLB, change this line to
RegisterServer(FALSE). Otherwise recompile IDL file, check that it has
library block, make sure TLB gets built successfully. If OK, check .rc
file, make sure TLB gets linked to the DLL.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

>     I had an ATL DLL , used to perform self registration at compile
time.
> But suddenly , it stopped registrying. Now DllRegisterServer(...)
method is
> throwing error code : 0x80029c4a which means :: "Error loading type
> library/DLL. "
> This is wizard generated  code  ::=

> STDAPI DllRegisterServer(void)
> {
>     // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
>     return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);
> }

> Did i screwed up something by mistake .....
> Please help....

> Thanx,

> -- Jitendra

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:49:43 GMT
 ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a
How i will make sure that TLB linked to DLL or not ??
I m getting tlb file. IDL and .rc are fine . I recompiled IDL as well.

Thanx,
-- JItendra

Quote:
> If your server does not supply nor use a TLB, change this line to
> RegisterServer(FALSE). Otherwise recompile IDL file, check that it has
> library block, make sure TLB gets built successfully. If OK, check .rc
> file, make sure TLB gets linked to the DLL.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > Hi,

> >     I had an ATL DLL , used to perform self registration at compile
> time.
> > But suddenly , it stopped registrying. Now DllRegisterServer(...)
> method is
> > throwing error code : 0x80029c4a which means :: "Error loading type
> > library/DLL. "
> > This is wizard generated  code  ::=

> > STDAPI DllRegisterServer(void)
> > {
> >     // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
> >     return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);
> > }

> > Did i screwed up something by mistake .....
> > Please help....

> > Thanx,

> > -- Jitendra

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:05:04 GMT
 ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a
.rc file should contain a line similar to

1 TYPELIB "ProjectName.tlb"

Also, you should be able to open your DLL in OLE/COM Object Viewer and
see the definitions from IDL.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> How i will make sure that TLB linked to DLL or not ??
> I m getting tlb file. IDL and .rc are fine . I recompiled IDL as well.

> Thanx,
> -- JItendra

> > If your server does not supply nor use a TLB, change this line to
> > RegisterServer(FALSE). Otherwise recompile IDL file, check that it
has
> > library block, make sure TLB gets built successfully. If OK, check
.rc
> > file, make sure TLB gets linked to the DLL.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
neat,
> > and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > Hi,

> > >     I had an ATL DLL , used to perform self registration at
compile
> > time.
> > > But suddenly , it stopped registrying. Now DllRegisterServer(...)
> > method is
> > > throwing error code : 0x80029c4a which means :: "Error loading
type
> > > library/DLL. "
> > > This is wizard generated  code  ::=

> > > STDAPI DllRegisterServer(void)
> > > {
> > >     // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
> > >     return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);
> > > }

> > > Did i screwed up something by mistake .....
> > > Please help....

> > > Thanx,

> > > -- Jitendra

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:53:32 GMT

1. Throw exception from ATL COM for both VB and VC++ client

2. Throwing exceptions in ATL dll with optimize for SPEED causes Access Violation

3. Exception fired during DLL unload in ATL com object

4. ATL server throw exception

5. ATL File->Print in browser throws exception

6. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

7. Throwing com exceptions across process boundaries...

8. throwing exception from COM object's constructor

9. throwing exception from COM and catching it in ASP

10. how to throw exceptions from a COM component?

11. throwing exception from COM object's constructor

12. Throwing an Error from ATL COM controls method