problem while connecting oracle through MTS
Author Message
 problem while connecting oracle through MTS

Hii to all,
    i have done all the pre-requisites to connect ORACLE Database from MTS
as given in the article .
OracleStress.exe went through successfully. But when i am using
"TestOracleXaConfig.exe " it gave
error message "could not load XA80.dll". That particular dll is not there in
my client. Will it come
as part of "Oracle services for Microsoft Transaction Server". I haven't
install this, because i am
using "Microsoft ODBC Driver for ORACLE".
   when i connect to ORACLE Database, through MTS, i am getting error
message
"driver is not capable".  What could be the problem. i have installed ADO
2.6 in my client machine.
i have run the nt sp6 and oracle patch 8.1.7.1.5 also.  can you help me..

Thanks ,
Thals

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:52:44 GMT
 problem while connecting oracle through MTS
Hi Thalaiappan,

Thanks for using Microsoft products.

Check the registry settings according to your Oracle client:
Q264012 PRB: Connectivity Issue with MDAC and Oracle8i
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q264/0/12.asp

For 8.1, it should be, for Windows 2000:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\MTxOCI]
"OracleXaLib"="oraclient8.dll"
"OracleSqlLib"="orasql8.dll"
"OracleOciLib"="oci.dll"

For Windows 98 and NT:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Transaction Server\Local Computer\My
Computer]
"OracleXaLib"="oraclient8.dll"
"OracleSqlLib"="orasql8.dll"
"OracleOciLib"="oci.dll"

If it is Windows NT or 2000, make sure you have permissions to access the
registry key:
Q269344 BUG: Microsoft Oracle Components Report "Driver Not Capable"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/3/44.asp

Q286382 PRB: Error When You Open ADO Conn. in Transactional Component
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q286/3/82.asp

Here are some general information on using Oracle with MTS:

Q193893 INFO: Using Oracle with MTS and COM+
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/8/93.asp

Q191168 INFO: Failed to Enlist on Calling Object's Transaction
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/1/68.asp

In addition, according to my experience, it is better to use Oracle client
8.0.5 (with latest patches) for XA transactions. It is also not recommended
to use Oracle8i client when using XA transactions in MTS.

After making changes, use MTS/Oracle Configuration Test Utility
(TextOracleXaConfig.exe) to verify.

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Bill

You assume all risk for your use.

?2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:38:16 GMT

1. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

2. problem accesing ORacle Using ADO in MTS

3. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you

4. Problem connecting with vc5 to oracle 7.0 with nt

5. Problems connecting to Oracle with NT serive

6. Problem connecting to ORACLE via ADO - any help appreciated

7. Problem in ADO while connecting with Oracle

8. please help me :question about MTS and oracle

9. Simple question about connecting to Oracle DB

10. How to connect C language with Oracle?

11. Connecting to Oracle using C

12. Connect to Oracle using C