How to Fire Error Event to Internet Explorer?
Author Message
 How to Fire Error Event to Internet Explorer?

In my ActiveX, that hosted in IE, I need to fire error event to Internet
Explorer.

I can write my own event, that can be handled by script, but if there is not
handler function, user will not know about error.
I would like IE to display standart message box window with the error
description.

How can I do this (if it is possible)?

Thanks

Konstantin

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:47:27 GMT
 How to Fire Error Event to Internet Explorer?
See ISupportErrorInfo and what to do to implement it.

Quote:
> In my ActiveX, that hosted in IE, I need to fire error event to Internet
> Explorer.

> I can write my own event, that can be handled by script, but if there is
not
> handler function, user will not know about error.
> I would like IE to display standart message box window with the error
> description.

> How can I do this (if it is possible)?

> Thanks

> Konstantin

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:38:43 GMT
 How to Fire Error Event to Internet Explorer?

Quote:
> See ISupportErrorInfo and what to do to implement it.

I've implemented it and it works fine when in synchrone method call.
But how about async errors???
They write to expose Error event such as:
[id(DISPID_ERROREVENT)] void Error(short Number, BSTR*
       Description, SCODE Scode, BSTR Source, BSTR HelpFile,
       long HelpContext, boolean* CancelDisplay);
But when I fire this event, it looks like there are no any special
processing of this event in IE
Quote:

> > In my ActiveX, that hosted in IE, I need to fire error event to Internet
> > Explorer.

> > I can write my own event, that can be handled by script, but if there is
> not
> > handler function, user will not know about error.
> > I would like IE to display standart message box window with the error
> > description.

> > How can I do this (if it is possible)?

> > Thanks

> > Konstantin

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:51:06 GMT
 How to Fire Error Event to Internet Explorer?
Hi,

I am not an expert in ATL but here what I think:

You are not "firing" any event. So it is impossible to catch it in IE.
Read about "IDispatch::Invoke()" function and how it indicates to the client
that there is an error. This function "Error" works in similar way. The
difference is that "Invoke" says that there is an "exception" to indicate
error, but "Error" actually throws it :-)

 If you want IE to handle errors then create an event for it (use connection
points).

--
Rossen Tzonev
Sofia, Bulgaria

Quote:

> > See ISupportErrorInfo and what to do to implement it.

> I've implemented it and it works fine when in synchrone method call.
> But how about async errors???
> They write to expose Error event such as:
> [id(DISPID_ERROREVENT)] void Error(short Number, BSTR*
>        Description, SCODE Scode, BSTR Source, BSTR HelpFile,
>        long HelpContext, boolean* CancelDisplay);
> But when I fire this event, it looks like there are no any special
> processing of this event in IE

> > > In my ActiveX, that hosted in IE, I need to fire error event to
Internet
> > > Explorer.

> > > I can write my own event, that can be handled by script, but if there
is
> > not
> > > handler function, user will not know about error.
> > > I would like IE to display standart message box window with the error
> > > description.

> > > How can I do this (if it is possible)?

> > > Thanks

> > > Konstantin

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:59:28 GMT

1. Internet Explorer events

2. internet explorer event sink problems:

3. sinking events in internet explorer and com

4. Getting Internet Explorer events

5. Internet Explorer Events with Browser Control in MFC ?

6. Method for handling events of Internet Explorer....

7. Detailed ATL error info to Internet Explorer

8. Help, Runtime Error's in Internet Explorer

9. Supressing "Internet Explorer Script Error" dialog

10. ATL Wizard "Internet Explorer Object" error

11. !! HELP: Reset Internet Options in Internet Explorer

12. It's possible to fire all Internet Explorer event using the IHTMLELement Interface ?