Composite Control using Combo Box
Author Message
 Composite Control using Combo Box

folks,

I am attempting to create a composite control with a Combo Box. The dialog
editor does not appear to be cooperating.

When I click on the "pulldown arrow" the listbox does not appear. Normally I
would expect to draw a rectangle of the right size (including for the
listbox) in the dialog editor. The dialog editor is not cooperating. It
allows me only to specify the size of the textbox only. (Anyhow this is a
behaviour I had expected from the VB Combo Box control).

Any suggestions on how to get a composite control including a combo box to
paint properly. Pointers to tutorials on finer point of Active X Controls
using ATL/WTL would be deeply appreciated.

regards

srini

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:09:40 GMT
 Composite Control using Combo Box
Click on the drop-down arrow of the combo box when in the
resource editor and you can configure the height. Is this the
first time you ever worked with combo boxes?

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> folks,

> I am attempting to create a composite control with a Combo Box. The dialog
> editor does not appear to be cooperating.

> When I click on the "pulldown arrow" the listbox does not appear. Normally I
> would expect to draw a rectangle of the right size (including for the
> listbox) in the dialog editor. The dialog editor is not cooperating. It
> allows me only to specify the size of the textbox only. (Anyhow this is a
> behaviour I had expected from the VB Combo Box control).

> Any suggestions on how to get a composite control including a combo box to
> paint properly. Pointers to tutorials on finer point of Active X Controls
> using ATL/WTL would be deeply appreciated.

> regards

> srini

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:06:08 GMT

1. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control

2. Combo over Flex Grid in ATL composite control

3. A composite control calling another composite control in web browser

4. Composite control hosted by a composite control.

5. Using ActiveX controls in ATL Composite control

6. Composite Control using rich edit control question

7. Method of Getting Handle of Edit Control Associated with Combo Box Control

8. mfc control instantiated in atl composite control using CAxWindow wont destruct

9. ATL ActiveX Composite Control WITHOUT a dialog box?

10. ATL ActiveX Composite Control WITHOUT a dialog box?

11. COMBO Box problems using Visual C++ (16 bit)

12. Need example of owner-drawn combo box using VC 4.2