User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c
Author Message
 User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

When ever SysAllocString or SysReAllocString are used in my code, I get a
messagebox popping up saying:
"User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c".

Someone know what this is?

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:54:50 GMT
 User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c
Think its something to do with SysReAllocString being passed a null pointer?

Quote:
> When ever SysAllocString or SysReAllocString are used in my code, I get a
> messagebox popping up saying:
> "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c".

> Someone know what this is?

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:28:09 GMT
 User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c
How about a code sample of how this is being used in your code...

Quote:
> When ever SysAllocString or SysReAllocString are used in my code, I get a
> messagebox popping up saying:
> "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c".

> Someone know what this is?

Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:46:18 GMT
 User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c
I moved to CComBSTR and it doesn't have an issue..

In my header I had something like..
====================
public:
CInit {
    m_bstrTest = SysAllocString(A2W(""));

Quote:
}

~CInit {
    SysFreeString(m_bstrTest);
Quote:
}

..
..
public:
    BSTR m_bstrTest;
====================

In my CPP I had something like
====================
STDMETHODIMP CInit::put_Test(BSTR newVal)
{
 //reallocate fo new string
 SysReAllocString(&m_bstrTest, newVal);
 return S_OK;

Quote:
}

====================

It would error on SysReAllocString..  Weird..
I moved to CComBSTR and it seems to be working just fine now.   Not real
sure what the issue was.

NOTE!!!:  I'm typing this in the email by memory, so some syntax may be
off..  I'm not at work, nor did I keep the code that was erroring, so I
don't actually have the code to post.

Quote:
> How about a code sample of how this is being used in your code...

> > When ever SysAllocString or SysReAllocString are used in my code, I get
> > messagebox popping up saying:
> > "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c".

> > Someone know what this is?

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:07:36 GMT

1. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

2. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

3. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

4. "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c"

5. Newbie: User breakpoint called from code @ addressn

6. user breakpoint called from code at 0x....

7. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f6148

8. "User Breakpoint called from Code..."

9. BoundsChecker - "User breakpoint called from code"

10. User breakpoint called at code XXXX

11. User Breakpoint called from code?

12. BoundsChecker - "User breakpoint called from code"