controlling control size
Author Message
 controlling control size

I have a composite control that hosts another composite control with
AtlAxCreateControl. The window where the control is created is not the same
size as the control I'm creating. I've set m_bAutoSize to TRUE thinking the
control would not be resized but it is. I guess I can set it back to it's
original size but that seems like work I shouldn't have to do. What am I
missing?

thanks
Mike

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:26:57 GMT
 controlling control size
ATL hosting does not support autosized controls and controls that
request being resized at run-time. It always creates the control with
the size specified in the dialog template, and ignores the control's
attempts to resize itself. See KB Article Q242994 "PRB: ATL
IOleInPlaceSite::OnPosRectChange Doesn't Resize Control" for more
details, but the resolution given there won't help in your case.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I have a composite control that hosts another composite control with
> AtlAxCreateControl. The window where the control is created is not the
same
> size as the control I'm creating. I've set m_bAutoSize to TRUE
thinking the
> control would not be resized but it is. I guess I can set it back to
it's
> original size but that seems like work I shouldn't have to do. What am
> missing?

> thanks
> Mike

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:45:08 GMT
 controlling control size
Thanks Igor. I'll have to figure out the best location to change it back
then, maybe in WM_SIZE handler.

Mike

Quote:
> ATL hosting does not support autosized controls and controls that
> request being resized at run-time. It always creates the control with
> the size specified in the dialog template, and ignores the control's
> attempts to resize itself. See KB Article Q242994 "PRB: ATL
> IOleInPlaceSite::OnPosRectChange Doesn't Resize Control" for more
> details, but the resolution given there won't help in your case.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I have a composite control that hosts another composite control with
> > AtlAxCreateControl. The window where the control is created is not the
> same
> > size as the control I'm creating. I've set m_bAutoSize to TRUE
> thinking the
> > control would not be resized but it is. I guess I can set it back to
> it's
> > original size but that seems like work I shouldn't have to do. What am
> > missing?

> > thanks
> > Mike

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:03:35 GMT

1. controlling the size of treeview control

2. controlling scroll bar size in treeview control

3. Controlling the size of an activex-control

4. How to set control size to view size

5. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

6. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control

7. WebBrowser Control/Explorer Control/HTML Control

8. Accessing control array controls using the controls collection

9. Web Browser Control/Explorer Control/HTML Control

10. Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...

11. Scroll bar size in TreeView control (c#)

12. Label control size problem