wtl, CString, and the stl
Author Message
 wtl, CString, and the stl

I'm old to the atl and stl, but new to CString.

Can CString objects be added to stl collections without generating

      error C2664: No user-defined-conversion operator available

Although this appears to be the same symptom addressed by CAdapt, it doesn't
appear that CString overloads the '&' operator, and CAdapt doesn't solve the
problem in any case.

Many thanks.

TimTabor

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 wtl, CString, and the stl
Many of us have used CString in vector, list, etc, with no problems.  Can
you post your code please?

DanL

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 wtl, CString, and the stl
Thanks to all who replied on- and off-line.  I managed to unscramble the
wtl/atl/vc build environment, and everything is smokin' now.

> I'm old to the atl and stl, but new to CString.

> Can CString objects be added to stl collections without generating

>       error C2664: No user-defined-conversion operator available

> Although this appears to be the same symptom addressed by CAdapt, it
doesn't
> appear that CString overloads the '&' operator, and CAdapt doesn't solve
the
> problem in any case.

> Many thanks.

> TimTabor

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. wtl, CString, and the stl

2. WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

3. WTL::CString::Format limitation

4. WTL CString woes

5. WTL CString Replace function

6. WTL and STL