VB parameter values list
Author Message
 VB parameter values list

In VB sometimes when you type the property name and as soon as you hit the
equals sign VB presents you with a list of possible values for that
property:
i.e.
    dim bStart as Bool

    bStart =     ' when you hit the equal sign here, a drop down list will
present you with
                    ' true or false selection.

How do I enable this sort of option with my VC ATL control properties?

TIA
Norm

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VB parameter values list
Use enums with uuids for the property types. Or implement
IPerPropertyBrowsing if it's an ActiveX Control.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> In VB sometimes when you type the property name and as soon as you hit the
> equals sign VB presents you with a list of possible values for that
> property:
> i.e.
>     dim bStart as Bool

>     bStart =     ' when you hit the equal sign here, a drop down list will
> present you with
>                     ' true or false selection.

> How do I enable this sort of option with my VC ATL control properties?

> TIA
> Norm

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VB parameter values list
In the IDL file, set up an enumerated data type above your class:

    typedef enum Beer
   {
      beerGuiness = 1,
      beerUrine = 0
   }Beer;

You can use "Beer" as a data type in interface methods

Quote:
> In VB sometimes when you type the property name and as soon as you hit the
> equals sign VB presents you with a list of possible values for that
> property:
> i.e.
>     dim bStart as Bool

>     bStart =     ' when you hit the equal sign here, a drop down list will
> present you with
>                     ' true or false selection.

> How do I enable this sort of option with my VC ATL control properties?

> TIA
> Norm

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB parameter list

2. function parameters: default value, optional parameter

3. Method Output Parameter vs Return Value

4. template template parameter with default value (VS.NET 2003)

5. Values as template parameters (compiler bug?)

6. Generic object as method parameter / return value?

7. Function parameter default value?

8. Parameter default values

9. Emulate Named Parameters and Default Values

10. default parameter values

11. Reflection & Parameter Values

12. Value of parameters