malloc crashes - malloc(256) returns 0(!) (_MT)
Author Message
 malloc crashes - malloc(256) returns 0(!) (_MT)

I have a heavily multithreaded app, using ATL. (loads MFC libraries)
The app can run for about 20 secs, and then crashes heavily, when
malloc(1024) fails.
Often it can fail in CString or so to.

I am suspecting that although I've chosen the MT-runtime (vs.net) they are
not chosen over ST-runtimes
The linker was complaining about libc conflicting. /NODEFAULTLIB helped, but
I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

Mon, 02 May 2005 05:09:37 GMT

1. Malloc 2: The revenge of Malloc

2. malloc vs 'no-malloc' - help

3. C question : redefining a new malloc() calling standard malloc()

4. to malloc() or not to malloc(), that is the question

5. Crash in Malloc

6. STL in managed C++ crashing in malloc.c and keeping chars from becoming SBytes

7. malloc() crash (in Linux)

8. 64 bit integers and malloc/free crash???

9. newbie: cc works but gcc crashes on malloc

10. malloc() crashes!!!

11. Why does code crash when freeing malloc?

12. more malloc crash