Debug a COM based dll
Author Message
 Debug a COM based dll

In the Project Properties dialog, choose "Start program" and select your VC
app.

--
John Phillips
Software Developer

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a application (written in VC) which calls a COM based dll (written
in
> VB).

> My question: is it possible to debug the COM dll ? If the answer is yes,
> could tell
> me how to do this ?

> TIA,

> JoeZ

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:07:45 GMT
 Debug a COM based dll
Hi all,

I have a application (written in VC) which calls a COM based dll (written in
VB).

My question: is it possible to debug the COM dll ? If the answer is yes,
could tell
me how to do this ?

TIA,

JoeZ

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:50:54 GMT
 Debug a COM based dll

Quote:

> I have a application (written in VC) which calls a COM based dll (written in
> VB).

> My question: is it possible to debug the COM dll ? If the answer is yes,
> could tell
> me how to do this ?

Activate "generate debug info" in your VB project settings and rebuild
the dll.  Once you've done that, VC will be able to trace into VB code,
and you'll even have some limited capability to change point of
execution and watch variables.

--
Craig Powers
MVP - Visual C++

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:10:10 GMT

1. Converting Plain DLL to ATL COM based Dll

2. Connection points between a VB COM-based and ATL COM-based (NT Service) MTA

3. Registering ATL-based COM .dll

4. vb client of a c++ dll-based COM server

5. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

6. COM Debug/Release CRT DLL Problem

7. How to debug .rc file in a ATL COM dll

8. How to debug a com dll

9. Can't Debug COM dll from ASP

10. NTDLL.DLL access violation in COM server only when *not* debugging

11. How do I debug a COM DLL?

12. HELP: Debugging a COM automation DLL object in VB