Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component
Author Message
 Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component

Hi,

I am trying to convert a component written in VC6 using ATL into the new
2003 .NET environment.
The component compiles and runs under VC6 but when I try to compile under
2003 .NET I get these errors

c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'fstream.h': No such file or directory
c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'fstream.h': No such file or directory

The offending line is

#include <fstream.h>

In know this component uses the old iostream headers but it works and I
would like it to work under 2003.
Any ideas??

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:40:20 GMT
 Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component
You are sadly out of luck. Pre-standard (sometimes referred to as
classic) iostreams are deprecated in VC7, and are removed from VC7.1
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to convert a component written in VC6 using ATL into the
new
> 2003 .NET environment.
> The component compiles and runs under VC6 but when I try to compile
under
> 2003 .NET I get these errors

> c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file:
> 'fstream.h': No such file or directory
> c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file:
> 'fstream.h': No such file or directory

> The offending line is

> #include <fstream.h>

> In know this component uses the old iostream headers but it works and
> would like it to work under 2003.
> Any ideas??

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:11:32 GMT
 Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component
Try to use <fstream> declaration instead 'fstream.h'.

Best Regards,
Michael

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to convert a component written in VC6 using ATL into the new
> 2003 .NET environment.
> The component compiles and runs under VC6 but when I try to compile under
> 2003 .NET I get these errors

> c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'fstream.h': No such file or directory
> c:\1\Source\THDC\THDIT.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'fstream.h': No such file or directory

> The offending line is

> #include <fstream.h>

> In know this component uses the old iostream headers but it works and I
> would like it to work under 2003.
> Any ideas??

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:05:06 GMT

1. Interop problem with VC.NET ATL Component..

2. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

3. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

4. Re-use ATL GUI component in another ATL GUI component

5. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

6. Converting VC6 to .NET 2003 VC

7. ATL.net ASP component array fails

8. What to do with ATL components in .NET?

9. Debugging ATL component running under ASP.NET

10. VC 5.0 and ATL components

11. Problems using a VC component within a VB component

12. Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2