DoDataExchange functionality in ATL
Author Message
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL

Is there anything in ATL that provides the
DynamicDataExchange functionality that is found in
MFC?
It would great if I didn't have to re-implement
this.

thank you for your help

john

Mon, 24 May 2004 19:57:49 GMT
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL
Hello John,

Quote:
> Is there anything in ATL that provides the
> DynamicDataExchange functionality that is found in
> MFC?

I would recommend you WTL, it provides dialog data exchange support, have  a
look at CWinDataExchange and brothers in AtlDdx.h header.

--
Best regards,
Vadim Melnik

Mon, 24 May 2004 20:51:19 GMT
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL
I think the question was about DDE - the predecessor of OLE.
I don't think this has anything to do with dialogs... And no -
neither ATL nor WTL support this outdated technology...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hello John,

> > Is there anything in ATL that provides the
> > DynamicDataExchange functionality that is found in
> > MFC?

> I would recommend you WTL, it provides dialog data exchange support, have
> look at CWinDataExchange and brothers in AtlDdx.h header.

> --
> Best regards,
> Vadim Melnik
> _____________________
> http://www.docsultant.com/

Tue, 25 May 2004 06:06:59 GMT
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL

Quote:
> I think the question was about DDE - the predecessor of OLE.
> I don't think this has anything to do with dialogs... And no -
> neither ATL nor WTL support this outdated technology...

I agree with you Alexader, that is what I was thinking before, but post's
subject refers to dialog data exchange rather than DDE.

--
Best regards,
Vadim Melnik,

Quote:

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > Hello John,

> > > Is there anything in ATL that provides the
> > > DynamicDataExchange functionality that is found in
> > > MFC?

> > I would recommend you WTL, it provides dialog data exchange support,
have
> > look at CWinDataExchange and brothers in AtlDdx.h header.

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Vadim Melnik
> > _____________________
> > http://www.docsultant.com/

Tue, 25 May 2004 12:32:06 GMT
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL
Ah, missed that... Then I agree with you - WTL is the way to go.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> > I think the question was about DDE - the predecessor of OLE.
> > I don't think this has anything to do with dialogs... And no -
> > neither ATL nor WTL support this outdated technology...

> I agree with you Alexader, that is what I was thinking before, but post's
> subject refers to dialog data exchange rather than DDE.

> --
> Best regards,
> Vadim Melnik,
> _____________________
> http://www.docsultant.com/

> > --
> > =====================================
> > Alexander Nickolov
> > Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> > MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> > =====================================

> > > Hello John,

> > > I would recommend you WTL, it provides dialog data exchange support,
> have
> > > look at CWinDataExchange and brothers in AtlDdx.h header.

> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > > Vadim Melnik
> > > _____________________
> > > http://www.docsultant.com/

Wed, 26 May 2004 03:00:16 GMT
 DoDataExchange functionality in ATL
I looked it again, to be sure I'm sane - indeed the OP asks for DDE
in the message, but for DDX in the subject line...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Ah, missed that... Then I agree with you - WTL is the way to go.

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > > I think the question was about DDE - the predecessor of OLE.
> > > I don't think this has anything to do with dialogs... And no -
> > > neither ATL nor WTL support this outdated technology...

> > I agree with you Alexader, that is what I was thinking before, but
post's
> > subject refers to dialog data exchange rather than DDE.

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Vadim Melnik,
> > _____________________
> > http://www.docsultant.com/

> > > --
> > > =====================================
> > > Alexander Nickolov
> > > Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> > > MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> > > =====================================

> > have

Wed, 26 May 2004 03:25:34 GMT

1. MFC 7 has problem with DoDataExchange and Add Member Wizard

2. DoDataExchange with 2 tables

3. Problem with DoDataExchange and PX_Short(...)

4. UpdateAllViews == DoDataExchange for all views ?

5. DoDataExchange

6. Bug inside DoDataExchange

7. DoDataExchange() called twice when viewing a property page

8. DoDataExchange question

9. DoDataExchange without OnOK()

10. DoDataExchange for CDialogBar?

11. Validation in OnKillfocus vs. DDV_ in DoDataExchange

12. Why doesn't DoDataExchange work?