Size of COM object in memory
Author Message
 Size of COM object in memory

Good day

Do any of you guys know how to determine the exact size of a COM object in
memory. (Any tools available ??)

Thanks

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:15:32 GMT
 Size of COM object in memory
If you have designed the COM object, you can try :

CComObjectStack<YourObject> obj;
then
sizeof(obj)

--
Frederic Claux

Quote:
> Good day

> Do any of you guys know how to determine the exact size of a COM object in
> memory. (Any tools available ??)

> Thanks

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:09:21 GMT
 Size of COM object in memory
You could just as well use sizeof(YourObject) instead :)...
The question was (how I understand it at least) how to do that
in the client. The answer is - this is impossible. Transparency
is a dual-edged knife.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> If you have designed the COM object, you can try :

> CComObjectStack<YourObject> obj;
> then
> sizeof(obj)

> --
> Frederic Claux

> > Good day

> > Do any of you guys know how to determine the exact size of a COM object in
> > memory. (Any tools available ??)

> > Thanks

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:36:20 GMT

1. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method

2. Invoking COM object from COM object

3. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

4. COM Object returning COM Object Reference

5. COM object in a COM object

6. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

7. C++ COM-Object with COM-Object as parameter

8. COM object size is very large

9. Creating COM objects from COM objects

10. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

11. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

12. Using COM objects within COM objects