add Activex control to Activex container daynamically
Author Message
 add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

Dear All,

    I don't know how to handle the message route, when I do some actions in
Activex control, How do activex container handle the event from activex
control. the activex control is added in container daynaimically.

   at first, I cannot use send message to container, because they are
Activex control,
   the second, I cannot use SINK_MAP, because it isnot static.
   the third, I cannot use special user-defined interface, the activex
control should support IDispath.

   thanks for any reply.

Best Regards

Michael

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 add Activex control to Activex container daynamically
I assume you want to add an arbitrary ActiveX Control at runtime.
This is an extremely tough subject. Read an article by Chris Sells
and Dharma Shukla in Dec'99 issue of MSJ. Here's the link in MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/periodic/period99/containment.htm

Although it discusses a much wider range of problems in the ATL
ActiveX Control hosting support, it mentions catching the events
from a dynamically hosted control as well (but doesn't go into
complete details). Good luck!

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Dear All,

>     I don't know how to handle the message route, when I do some actions
in
> Activex control, How do activex container handle the event from activex
> control. the activex control is added in container daynaimically.

>    at first, I cannot use send message to container, because they are
> Activex control,
>    the second, I cannot use SINK_MAP, because it isnot static.
>    the third, I cannot use special user-defined interface, the activex
> control should support IDispath.

>    thanks for any reply.

> Best Regards

> Michael

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 add Activex control to Activex container daynamically
Hi, Alexander

    thanks a lot. that is a good article.

Michael

Quote:
> I assume you want to add an arbitrary ActiveX Control at runtime.
> This is an extremely tough subject. Read an article by Chris Sells
> and Dharma Shukla in Dec'99 issue of MSJ. Here's the link in MSDN:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/periodic/period99/containment.htm

> Although it discusses a much wider range of problems in the ATL
> ActiveX Control hosting support, it mentions catching the events
> from a dynamically hosted control as well (but doesn't go into
> complete details). Good luck!

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > Dear All,

> >     I don't know how to handle the message route, when I do some actions
> in
> > Activex control, How do activex container handle the event from activex
> > control. the activex control is added in container daynaimically.

> >    at first, I cannot use send message to container, because they are
> > Activex control,
> >    the second, I cannot use SINK_MAP, because it isnot static.
> >    the third, I cannot use special user-defined interface, the activex
> > control should support IDispath.

> >    thanks for any reply.

> > Best Regards

> > Michael

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

2. How to add ActiveX controls to a Activex DLL

3. ActiveX "control-container" control

4. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

5. ActiveX control inside another activex control

6. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

7. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

8. ActiveX control inside another ActiveX control

9. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

10. ActiveX control in an ActiveX control

11. Modify Activex Control Properties from other Activex Control.

12. ActiveX-control inside ActiveX-control