Not able to show Composite control on dialog or VB Frame
Author Message
 Not able to show Composite control on dialog or VB Frame

I have develop a simple Composite control and can be
easily embedebel using CREATE(...) Method at run time. But
I m not able to show the control on dialog through draging
using resource editor at design timeor at VB Form using
resource editor without createing at run time.
plz let me now ASAP
Pardeep

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:22:38 GMT
 Not able to show Composite control on dialog or VB Frame
This behavior is by design. Composite controls do no implement
inactive rendering via IViewObject::Draw. You can implement it
yourself if interested... (basically painting all the child controls
via GDI calls as close as you care...)

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> I have develop a simple Composite control and can be
> easily embedebel using CREATE(...) Method at run time. But
> I m not able to show the control on dialog through draging
> using resource editor at design timeor at VB Form using
> resource editor without createing at run time.
> plz let me now ASAP
> Pardeep

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:39:19 GMT

1. A composite control calling another composite control in web browser

2. Could not show a dialog box with list control from an ATL server exe

3. Composite control hosted by a composite control.

4. Modal vs. Modeless dialog and controls not showing

5. ActiveX control not showing contents in dialog editor but works fine in application

6. Adding an activeX control causes my Dialog not to show

7. ActiveX Control not Showing on Dialog Based Application

8. dialog controls inside groupbox not shown...

9. Not able to print ActiveX control

10. not able to insert text in edit control

11. MDI Frame not showing because of low user privilege

12. How to show info in my frame dialog bar