Holding a list within a transactional MTS component
Author Message
 Holding a list within a transactional MTS component

Hello,

I'm writting a transactional MTS component in C++ (under W2k). For various
reason, I need to keep a list of activity within the component. This will be
a simple list that will hold some IDs of past activities we had during the
current life of the component.

I could write a dedicated non transactional object or use the Shared
Property Manager (SPM).
However, I do not see a reason of creating a new component for this simple
task and I want to use a STL list (SPM exposes a variant).

So my question is the following:
Is there any drawback of declaring a static STL list in my transactional
component and securing access to this list?
In this way, it should be valid while the DLL is loaded.
Read/write access will be done whenever a call is made to the component.

Thanks,
Jos

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:54:13 GMT
 Holding a list within a transactional MTS component
Platform SDK->COMPLUS_MTS newsgroup is a better place.

yhhuang
ICQ:91074870

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:38:17 GMT

1. no Transactional Component Template

2. Transactional COM+ component

3. Problems using a VC component within a VB component

4. VC6++: a Link error in a MTS component using ADO1.5

5. Is there any way to achieve multithreading inside MTS COM components

6. Problems using OLE DB in MTS component

7. Do MTS components support COM Exceptions?

8. Performance ASP vs MTS Components

9. Debug MTS component

10. mts components in vc

11. Only 1 record added using MTS component

12. Debug MTS Component in Windows 2000