Singleton not a singleton?
Author Message
 Singleton not a singleton?

Background:
CtspData.exe is a LOCAL_SERVER COM server that serves one object: Param, a
singleton COM object that implements an outgoing interface,
_IParamEvents.  It also implements a dispatch interface, IParam, that
has two methods that simply fire events on the outgoing interface.

My problem only occurs when another LOCAL_SERVER, CtspDispMapBroker.exe
creates an instance of Param and connects to its outgoing interface
_IParamEvents. Afterward, when my service starts CtspData to
create a reference to Param (via CoCreateInstance), for some unknown
reason, a new process is created (there are 2 CtspData.exe instances
viewablefrom Taskmgr.exe) and events fired on the
outgoing interface (_IParamEvents) are NOT recieved by CtspDispMapBroker.
However, If my service creates the Param object first, all is OK:
There is only ONE instance of the process CtspData.exe and events are
received by CtspDispMapBroker.
Is this a bug or a design characteristic?  Any help is greatly
appreciated...
Alex

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:48:21 GMT

1. ATL Singleton and Singleton Class also from C++

2. singleton or maybe not ?

3. Singleton EXE Server not shutting down

4. Why is function static singleton not thread-safe?

5. new Singleton() ( Can I override the new operator to return a singleton?)

6. Singleton Design Pattern Question

7. Pleading for fresh eyes on my problem using a PropertyGrid with a Singleton

8. Singletons & delete error

9. singleton class please help

10. managed C++ Singleton and usage in VB

11. singleton

12. Why wrapping unmanaged C++ singletons can be dangerous