Problem with msmask32.ocx
Author Message
 Problem with msmask32.ocx

Hi,
I need some help with the use of MS Masked Edit.
I have an application which has a dialog which has an edit
using mask(msmask32.ocx). But when the dialog must be
shown the application falls, doesn't showwing the dialog
and if I do not make a reference to mask edit(in the
source code) the problem does not occurr.

And the application works in a machine that already had
the VC++ 6 installed, doesn't working in machines that
does not had the VC++ 6 installed.

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:12:00 GMT
 Problem with msmask32.ocx
Have you installed the masked edit control (msmask32.ocx) onto the machine
where the application fails?

Dave Smith

Quote:
> Hi,
> I need some help with the use of MS Masked Edit.
> I have an application which has a dialog which has an edit
> using mask(msmask32.ocx). But when the dialog must be
> shown the application falls, doesn't showwing the dialog
> and if I do not make a reference to mask edit(in the
> source code) the problem does not occurr.

> And the application works in a machine that already had
> the VC++ 6 installed, doesn't working in machines that
> does not had the VC++ 6 installed.

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:50:41 GMT
 Problem with msmask32.ocx
Thanks for reply, and I already did it...but it still
doesn't work.

Otvio

Quote:

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:11:37 GMT
 Problem with msmask32.ocx
Typically that means the control you use (mask edit in your case) is licensed.
You have no choice but create it dynamically via CoGetClassObject followed
by IClassFactory2::CreateInstanceLic, then host it in ATL as per KB article
Q218442: HOWTO: Dynamically Add ActiveX Controls to ATL Composite Control

You get the license key by writing a tiny program and running it on your
development machine that calls IClassFactory2::RequestLicKey, then
embedding the returned key in your source.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Thanks for reply, and I already did it...but it still
doesn't work.

Otvio

Quote:

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:51:02 GMT

1. problems with msmask32.ocx

2. MSMask32.OCX on Win32s

3. MSMASK32.OCX

4. MSMASK32.OCX

5. Cannot get correct TAB order when using MSMASK32.OCX in Property Sheets

6. MSMask32.OCX on Win32s

7. How to create ocx within another ocx in the same .ocx file

8. Problem with MSComm32.ocx !!( licence problem)

9. Need urgent help for OCX and Visual C++ (MSINET.OCX)

10. Need urgent help for OCX and Visual C++ (MSINET.OCX)

12. OCX within another OCX??