Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls
Author Message
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls

I am trying to host more than one ActiveX control in a dialog. The dialog
works fine under WinNT/2000 but my call to Create fails under Win9x. I have
added some debug logging so i can try and find out what is happening on the
Win9x machine. It appears that the following call is returning NULL whenever
i try to host 2 or more ActiveX Controls in my Dialog class. I am deriving
from  CAxDialogImpl. I am really stuck and as ATL is realatively new to me.
Note this is the default call inside of the call to CAxDialogImpl::Create.

HWND hWnd = AtlAxCreateDialog(_Module.GetResourceInstance(),
MAKEINTRESOURCE(T::IDD),hWndParent, (DLGPROC)T::StartDialogProc,
dwInitParam);

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:47:11 GMT
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls

Quote:
>I am trying to host more than one ActiveX control in a dialog. The
>dialog works fine under WinNT/2000 but my call to Create fails under
>Win9x.

Are you sure it is because you are trying to display more than one control?
Maybe one of the controls is Unicode or otherwise incompatible with W9x.

Christian.

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 18:37:10 GMT
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls
Positve...

I can swap out controls and as long as there is only one in the dialog I
have no problem.
It is when i have multiple controls.. no matter which ones.. that i have the
problem.

Quote:
> >I am trying to host more than one ActiveX control in a dialog. The
> >dialog works fine under WinNT/2000 but my call to Create fails under
> >Win9x.

> Are you sure it is because you are trying to display more than one
control?
> Maybe one of the controls is Unicode or otherwise incompatible with W9x.

> Christian.

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 23:02:35 GMT
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls

Quote:
>It is when i have multiple controls.. no matter which ones.. that i have
>the problem.

Did you write the controls yourself? I'm wondering if there is a resource
contention issue. Maybe each control is hogging a resource that is scarce
(or unique) on W9x that is abundant on NT/W2K.

Christian.

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 23:36:52 GMT
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls
no... i am using 3rd party controls..

i am in the processing of loading up a Win98 machine so i can rebuild and
debug.. I will let you know what i find out.. thanks for the help

jay

Quote:
> >It is when i have multiple controls.. no matter which ones.. that i have
> >the problem.

> Did you write the controls yourself? I'm wondering if there is a resource
> contention issue. Maybe each control is hogging a resource that is scarce
> (or unique) on W9x that is abundant on NT/W2K.

> Christian.

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 23:42:54 GMT
 Problem with CAxDialogImpl and hosting multiple ActiveX Controls
I have a vague recollection about a bug in ATL regarding processing
the dialog templates under Win9x. Something about a WORD/DWORD
aligment being different on NT and 9x. I've seen this posted on this
group... Sorry, I've had no personal experience, so can't furnish you
with further details. It might not be your problem though...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> no... i am using 3rd party controls..

> i am in the processing of loading up a Win98 machine so i can rebuild and
> debug.. I will let you know what i find out.. thanks for the help

> jay

> > >It is when i have multiple controls.. no matter which ones.. that i
have
> > >the problem.

> > Did you write the controls yourself? I'm wondering if there is a
resource
> > contention issue. Maybe each control is hogging a resource that is
scarce
> > (or unique) on W9x that is abundant on NT/W2K.

> > Christian.

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 06:13:27 GMT

1. CAxDialogImpl host Full Control Fail

2. Tabs does not work in webbrowser control hosted by CAxWindow in CAxDialogImpl

3. Need help tabbing on control hosted in CAxDialogImpl

4. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

5. Problem Hosting ActiveX Controls Using ATL AXHost (CAxWindow2) using VC7

6. Paint problem hosting Delphi 5 ActiveX control

7. Problem with CAxHostWindow (Hosting and ActiveX control)

8. Hosting ActiveX controls in a CScrollView problems

9. ActiveX control in CAxDialogImpl

10. hosting activex control in user control...

11. CAxDialogImpl doesn't fully host...

12. Windowless ActiveX control hosting with ATL