ActiveX control inside another activex control
Author Message
 ActiveX control inside another activex control

Hi,

For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in Visual C++.

I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain an

activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have found

examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have found

examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do), but I

have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside another! Can

anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

Thanks

Matt

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:46:07 GMT
 ActiveX control inside another activex control
Hi Matt,

Look at the following link if your wanting to create the controls
dynamically:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218442

Hope it helps..

-BB

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:46:07 -0000, "Matt Tucknott"

Quote:

>Hi,

>For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in visual C++.

>I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain an

>activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

>examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have found

>examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have found

>examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do), but I

>have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside another! Can

>anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

>control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

>resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

>Thanks

>Matt

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:01:58 GMT
 ActiveX control inside another activex control

Simple COM containment won't work with ActiveX Controls. You need a
composite control instead.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi,

> For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in visual C++.

> I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain an

> activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

> examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have found

> examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have found

> examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do), but I

> have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside another! Can

> anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

> control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

> resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

> Thanks

> Matt

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:09:03 GMT
 ActiveX control inside another activex control
Thanks to both of you,

I now have an almost working Composite ActiveX control. I just have a slight
problem with loosing the mouse location on my
OnMouseDown event - which I get from my ActiveX control on the composite
Dialog.

Regards

Matt

Simple COM containment won't work with ActiveX Controls. You need a
composite control instead.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi,

> For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in visual C++.

> I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain an

> activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

> examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have
found

> examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have found

> examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do), but

> have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside another!
Can

> anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

> control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

> resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

> Thanks

> Matt

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:03:55 GMT
 ActiveX control inside another activex control

Still having trouble with capturing MouseDown?

Quote:
> Thanks to both of you,

> I now have an almost working Composite ActiveX control. I just have a
slight
> problem with loosing the mouse location on my
> OnMouseDown event - which I get from my ActiveX control on the composite
> Dialog.

> Regards

> Matt

> Simple COM containment won't work with ActiveX Controls. You need a
> composite control instead.

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > Hi,

> > For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in visual C++.

> > I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain an

> > activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

> > examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have
> found

> > examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have found

> > examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do),
but

> > have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside another!
> Can

> > anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

> > control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

> > resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

> > Thanks

> > Matt

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:59:48 GMT
 ActiveX control inside another activex control
Hi Brian,

No I have sorted it. I have to get the mouse location using GetPosition. I
have used a composite control to contain my third party ActiveX control,
then I wire up the interfaces and events to each other seems to work well. I
just have one tiny problem, the idl for my ActiveX control cannot find some
enumerated types used by the contained ActiveX control. I have imported the
library using importlib, and the enumerated type is defined in the imported
library, I have checked with OLE viewer. I have also tried to scope the
enumerated type referenced using the library name i.e.
controlsupport::esrimouseover, but still no luck, as a temporary work around
I have just replaced the enum with a short.

Thanks
Matt

Quote:

> Still having trouble with capturing MouseDown?

> > Thanks to both of you,

> > I now have an almost working Composite ActiveX control. I just have a
> slight
> > problem with loosing the mouse location on my
> > OnMouseDown event - which I get from my ActiveX control on the composite
> > Dialog.

> > Regards

> > Matt

> > Simple COM containment won't work with ActiveX Controls. You need a
> > composite control instead.

> > --
> > =====================================
> > Alexander Nickolov
> > Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> > MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> > =====================================

> > > Hi,

> > > For sometime now I have been struggling with using COM in visual C++.

> > > I want to use COM containment, as that seems the easiest, to contain
an

> > > activex control inside another activex control.. But I can't find ANY

> > > examples of COM containment using ActiveX controls with a GUI! I have
> > found

> > > examples of COM containment command line (which I can do), I have
found

> > > examples of creating an ActiveX control from scratch (which I can do),
> but

> > > have found no examples of containing an ActiveX control inside
another!
> > Can

> > > anyone help out there? The closest I have got is creating a Composite

> > > control and inserting the inner activex control onto the dialog in the

> > > resource editor, but this seems a bit rubbish.

> > > Thanks

> > > Matt

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:53:23 GMT

1. ActiveX control inside another ActiveX control

2. ActiveX-control inside ActiveX-control

3. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

4. Help - Problems with Drawing an MFC ActiveX control inside on ATL compsoite control

5. Problems with Drawing an MFC ActiveX control inside on ATL compsoite control

6. Tooltips on controls (buttons, widgets etc) inside an ActiveX Control

7. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

8. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

9. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

10. ActiveX control in an ActiveX control

11. Modify Activex Control Properties from other Activex Control.

12. Custom ActiveX control built on a Standard (comctl32.ocx) ActiveX Control