shell extension?plugin?
Author Message
 shell extension?plugin?

Hello all,
In explorer, a preview of common formats like .jpg,.bmp etc is displayed
onthe left when an image file is selected. how can I display a preview like
that in explorer for a custom picture format or other formats like img5,dxf
etc?
Do I have to write a shell extension? a deskband plugin?

TIA.

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 05:49:37 GMT
 shell extension?plugin?
Hi,

You may want to implement the IExtractImage interface. Please check the
"Document Image Extractors" section of the article below. It also provides
a icon extractor sample.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0600/w2kui2/w2kui2.asp

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: shell extension?plugin?
| Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:19:37 +0530

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.atl
|
| Hello all,
| In explorer, a preview of common formats like .jpg,.bmp etc is displayed
| onthe left when an image file is selected. how can I display a preview
like
| that in explorer for a custom picture format or other formats like
img5,dxf
| etc?
| Do I have to write a shell extension? a deskband plugin?
|
| TIA.

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:56:22 GMT

1. Shell extension using MFC extension DLLs

2. shell extension? plugin?

3. Shell Extensions donot get called in Web Folders

4. shell extension about IExtractImage

5. Windows Shell Extension to file explorer using csharp

6. Shell extension under VS.NET

7. Shell Extension

8. dll register and unregister shell extension

9. Shell Extension doesnt work

10. Shell Extension Property Page data?

11. VC++ 6 Shell Extension Wizard?

12. Shell namespace extension problem