Superclassing a control
Author Message
 Superclassing a control

I am somewhat new to atl programming, so I don't know if this is
possible or not.

I need to superclass several controls so I can put an image to the
left of the control.  The drawing below describes what I am trying to
do:
+-+------+-+
|I| Text |V|
+-+------+-+

I- Image
V- DropDown arrow of a combobox.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sun, 16 May 2004 04:52:34 GMT
 Superclassing a control
Take a look at ComboBoxEx common control.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> I am somewhat new to atl programming, so I don't know if this is
> possible or not.

> I need to superclass several controls so I can put an image to the
> left of the control.  The drawing below describes what I am trying to
> do:
> +-+------+-+
> |I| Text |V|
> +-+------+-+

> I- Image
> V- DropDown arrow of a combobox.

> Any help will be appreciated.

Sun, 16 May 2004 04:55:03 GMT
 Superclassing a control
Thanks
I looked at the ComboBoxEx control as well as the MSDN sample SubEdit.
 With those two sources I got it to work.

Again, thanks for the help.

Quote:

> Take a look at ComboBoxEx common control.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
> wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > I am somewhat new to atl programming, so I don't know if this is
> > possible or not.

> > I need to superclass several controls so I can put an image to the
> > left of the control.  The drawing below describes what I am trying to
> > do:
> > +-+------+-+
> > |I| Text |V|
> > +-+------+-+

> > I- Image
> > V- DropDown arrow of a combobox.

> > Any help will be appreciated.

Sat, 22 May 2004 23:53:39 GMT

1. superclassing standard control

2. Superclassing Edit control - 2nd try

3. Superclassing Edit control

4. Subclassing (superclassing?) MFC control from commctrl (treectrl)

5. Superclassing CListViewCtrl (ATL)

6. Superclassing constructors of a subclass?

7. Superclassing "Edit", bombs on WIN95

8. Subclassing and superclassing

9. Superclassing???

10. Strange things with superclassing

11. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

12. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control