WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)
Author Message
 WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)

Hi,

I am just reading (to learn) Charles Petzold's
Programming Windows (5th edition), Chapter 13
Using the Printer.

There is many things to learn (at least for me) in
the book, like setting the abort procedure,
setting the printing dialog procedure, etc.

Petzold shows the examples written in C. Can I
find examples on how WTL can be used to get
similar results? Is there a WTL documentation
specific to printing in WTL? Or, is studying the
sources of WTL the only way to learn?

I know about www.clipcode.com. However, I did not
find documentation specific for printing. Did I
overlooked some link?

I know of AtlGdi.h and AtlPrint.h WTL sources that
contain things related to printing. Should I look
also into other files?

Another question is related to "How to get WTL".
I know that this was discussed in this news group.
I have got my copy of WTL from Microsoft Platform
SDK on-line (Dec. 1999). Should I update it?
Can up-to-date version of WTL be grabbed in some
easier manner? (You know 200KB or like is easier to
download than several MB when the links are slow
here.)

Thanks,

Petr

--
Petr Prikryl, SKIL s.r.o.,  e-mail: prikrylp at skil dot cz
                            Please, don't reply via e-mail.

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 WTL: Printing like Petzold using WTL? (and getting up-to-date WTL?)
Petr,

Quote:

> I know about www.clipcode.com. However, I did not
> find documentation specific for printing. Did I
> overlooked some link?

Clipcode.com's has no coverage of printing with WTL.

Part 2 of the by Chris Sells/Dharma Shukla/Nenad Stefanovic
WTL coverage does look at printing.
Check out last entry on:
http://www.develop.com/dm/dev_resources.asp

Only one version of WTL has been released so far - on the Platform SDK -
January 2000 and all later versions of it. There is a updated version of WTL
being planned, and it will be released sometime later this year.

Eamon O'Tuathail
Clipcode.com

P.S. Other good WTL web-sites are:
http://www.idevresource.com/wtl/
http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/
http://www.argsoft.com/Wtl/DocView.html

Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

2. WTL Dates and Times.

3. WTL: alternative ways of getting and instalation?

4. Using WTL in ATL project

5. Using WTL in ATL project (V7)

6. Populating XML into Treeview using WTL 7.0

7. Implement Toolbar in ATL using WTL

8. WTL: Using UIUpdate with a status Bar...

9. using lists with WTL

10. Howto implement COM control with scrolling using ATL/WTL

11. MDI App using WTL with rebars

12. using WTL in ActiveX control