ASP 0177 (0x80040111) - ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
Author Message
 ASP 0177 (0x80040111) - ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Sorry in advance for the cross post.  I'm not quite sure where this belongs.

I've used the ATL wizard in VC++ to create a DLL that I call from JavaScript
in (ASP) IIS.  The DLL contains about 13 classes.  On a couple of the
classes, I manually changed OBJECT_MAP to OBJECT_ENTRY_NON_CREATEABLE().
Most of the classes I leave as OBJECT_ENTRY().  To instantiate an object in
the DLL from JavaScript, I call Server.CreateObject( "DLLNAME.ClassName").
This works for most of the classes I have defined.   But at some point, any
new class I've added to the DLL (using OBJECT_ENTRY()) won't instantiate via
JavaScript.  The CreateObject() for the new class fails with:

Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

My workaround is to add a method to the working interface to return an
instance of the object which I create in C++.

Can anyone provide some direction on tracking this problem down?

thanks,
    -Robert

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:04:47 GMT
 ASP 0177 (0x80040111) - ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
Put a breakpoint into DllGetClassObject and trace from there.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> Sorry in advance for the cross post.  I'm not quite sure where this
belongs.

> I've used the ATL wizard in VC++ to create a DLL that I call from
JavaScript
> in (ASP) IIS.  The DLL contains about 13 classes.  On a couple of the
> classes, I manually changed OBJECT_MAP to OBJECT_ENTRY_NON_CREATEABLE().
> Most of the classes I leave as OBJECT_ENTRY().  To instantiate an object
in
> the DLL from JavaScript, I call Server.CreateObject( "DLLNAME.ClassName").
> This works for most of the classes I have defined.   But at some point,
any
> new class I've added to the DLL (using OBJECT_ENTRY()) won't instantiate
via
> JavaScript.  The CreateObject() for the new class fails with:

> Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
> ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

> My workaround is to add a method to the working interface to return an
> instance of the object which I create in C++.

> Can anyone provide some direction on tracking this problem down?

> thanks,
>     -Robert

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:13:46 GMT
 ASP 0177 (0x80040111) - ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
Thanks!

The uuid in the .idl file did not match the uuid in the .rgs file.

But those files are generated by the Microsoft ATL wizard.  Surely that
would never mess up. :-)

    -Robert

Quote:
> Put a breakpoint into DllGetClassObject and trace from there.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> > Sorry in advance for the cross post.  I'm not quite sure where this
> belongs.

> > I've used the ATL wizard in VC++ to create a DLL that I call from
> JavaScript
> > in (ASP) IIS.  The DLL contains about 13 classes.  On a couple of the
> > classes, I manually changed OBJECT_MAP to OBJECT_ENTRY_NON_CREATEABLE().
> > Most of the classes I leave as OBJECT_ENTRY().  To instantiate an object
> in
> > the DLL from JavaScript, I call Server.CreateObject(

"DLLNAME.ClassName").

> > This works for most of the classes I have defined.   But at some point,
> any
> > new class I've added to the DLL (using OBJECT_ENTRY()) won't instantiate
> via
> > JavaScript.  The CreateObject() for the new class fails with:

> > Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
> > ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

> > My workaround is to add a method to the working interface to return an
> > instance of the object which I create in C++.

> > Can anyone provide some direction on tracking this problem down?

> > thanks,
> >     -Robert

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:45:40 GMT
 ASP 0177 (0x80040111) - ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
That is one of the many known bugs in the ATL wizards...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Thanks!

> The uuid in the .idl file did not match the uuid in the .rgs file.

> But those files are generated by the Microsoft ATL wizard.  Surely that
> would never mess up. :-)

>     -Robert

> > Put a breakpoint into DllGetClassObject and trace from there.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > > Sorry in advance for the cross post.  I'm not quite sure where this
> > belongs.

> > > I've used the ATL wizard in VC++ to create a DLL that I call from
> > JavaScript
> > > in (ASP) IIS.  The DLL contains about 13 classes.  On a couple of the
> > > classes, I manually changed OBJECT_MAP to

OBJECT_ENTRY_NON_CREATEABLE().

> > > Most of the classes I leave as OBJECT_ENTRY().  To instantiate an
object
> > in
> > > the DLL from JavaScript, I call Server.CreateObject(
> "DLLNAME.ClassName").
> > > This works for most of the classes I have defined.   But at some
point,
> > any
> > > new class I've added to the DLL (using OBJECT_ENTRY()) won't
instantiate
> > via
> > > JavaScript.  The CreateObject() for the new class fails with:

> > > Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
> > > ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

> > > My workaround is to add a method to the working interface to return an
> > > instance of the object which I create in C++.

> > > Can anyone provide some direction on tracking this problem down?

> > > thanks,
> > >     -Robert

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:17:19 GMT

1. ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - Error no. 80040111

2. Server.Createobject returns ASP 0177: 8007045a

3. How to debug 0177:bff9215d page fault

4. Request.Form question in C# ASP.NET

5. HTTP request to execute ASP page

6. Error 0x80040111

7. COM ClassFactory in an NT Service

8. invalid page default in module MFC 042D.DLL at 0177:5f5011da.

9. Newbie Question about ClassFactory --Completely LOST

10. ASP application settings from class library

11. ASP.NET and Global class

12. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App