Accessing same object on MTS from local and remote machine
Author Message
 Accessing same object on MTS from local and remote machine

Is it possible to register a DLL COM object to MTS
(create an COM+ application) and let clients running on the
local machine where the MTS runs and the
COM object is registered create/use the COM object
through DLLHost so they access the same
COM object (factory) as clients running on remote computers?
Thanks.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:32:07 GMT
 Accessing same object on MTS from local and remote machine
Let me make myself clear,
I want to use "surrogate" on local machine with a
DLL COM object instead of creating the COM object inproc.
And that surrogate should be the same MTS use to
serve remote clients. Is this possible.
Thanks.

Quote:
> Is it possible to register a DLL COM object to MTS
> (create an COM+ application) and let clients running on the
> local machine where the MTS runs and the
> COM object is registered create/use the COM object
> through DLLHost so they access the same
> COM object (factory) as clients running on remote computers?
> Thanks.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:54:28 GMT
 Accessing same object on MTS from local and remote machine
if i've unserstood your question well, the behaviour you need is exactly the
one you get.
it's the opposite that's not possible, once a component is registered as
being hosted in a server package it cannot be created inprocess of the
caller (unless the caller is in the same server package)
HTH
--

Enrico Sabbadin

MTS / COM+ / VBCOM FAQ (and more) : www.sabbasoft.com/mts_faq.htm

Quote:
> Let me make myself clear,
> I want to use "surrogate" on local machine with a
> DLL COM object instead of creating the COM object inproc.
> And that surrogate should be the same MTS use to
> serve remote clients. Is this possible.
> Thanks.

> > Is it possible to register a DLL COM object to MTS
> > (create an COM+ application) and let clients running on the
> > local machine where the MTS runs and the
> > COM object is registered create/use the COM object
> > through DLLHost so they access the same
> > COM object (factory) as clients running on remote computers?
> > Thanks.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:45:43 GMT

1. remote object Vs. local object

2. Obtaining system info on local and remote machines

3. Remote MTS objects

4. COM object, local and remote activation

5. Determine if a COM Object is local or remote

6. HELP: Does Object query(WMI) works against remote win98 machine

7. How to get the client machine IP address from remote DCOM object

8. Problem calling COM object on remote machine

9. How do you access remote databases where the database is not registed in the local ODBC

10. Accessing a remote machine specifying a username/pass...?

11. accessing registry on remote machine

12. Accessing Private Queues on remote machine using MSMQ Windows CE