Rendering of default icon
Author Message
 Rendering of default icon

In reference to the 15x16bit icon which ATL gives u as the default icon -
how is it drawn?
I find no refernce to the IDB_ identifier in the framework code...
I can draw my own icon in the OnDraw method find ...but this icon is placed
on the toolbar of VB and VC when u add it to the component toolbox.
In MFC it is easy to change the default icon because u can see where it is
loaded...Can't seem to find it in ATL...

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:25:31 GMT
 Rendering of default icon
Also note, it's a bitmap, not icon...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> In reference to the 15x16bit icon which ATL gives u as the default icon -
> how is it drawn?
> I find no refernce to the IDB_ identifier in the framework code...
> I can draw my own icon in the OnDraw method find ...but this icon is placed
> on the toolbar of VB and VC when u add it to the component toolbox.
> In MFC it is easy to change the default icon because u can see where it is
> loaded...Can't seem to find it in ATL...

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:39:21 GMT
 Rendering of default icon
It's referenced in the .RGS file. Look for something like

   ForceRemove 'ToolboxBitmap32' = s '%MODULE%, 101'

Eventually it winds up in the registry. Development tools look in the
registry, extract the bitmap from your resources, and use it in
toolboxes. Just edit your bitmap in Resource editor.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> In reference to the 15x16bit icon which ATL gives u as the default
icon -
> how is it drawn?
> I find no refernce to the IDB_ identifier in the framework code...
> I can draw my own icon in the OnDraw method find ...but this icon is
placed
> on the toolbar of VB and VC when u add it to the component toolbox.
> In MFC it is easy to change the default icon because u can see where
it is
> loaded...Can't seem to find it in ATL...

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:30:09 GMT

1. Default Icon Hell: MFC Icon appears even after file and IDR_MAINFRAME changed

2. Default Icon

3. TitleBar (and TaskBar) Icon - How do I change the default

4. Setting the default program icon

5. Default icon setting with user defined file extension

6. Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

7. Default Windows icon

8. Help changing the default Icon after/at Compiling?

9. How to obtain default icons

10. Replacing Default MFC icon

11. How to modify default icon for titlebar?

12. Changing default 'small icon'