0x80040155 in WinME non VS6 machine
Author Message
 0x80040155 in WinME non VS6 machine

    Hi:

        I'm trying to distribute my app, which consists of an exe singleton
server and several in-proc clients. The results are quite funny:

    On a W2K machine, without Visual Studio 6, the client can perfectly
create an instance of the server, via CoCreateInstanceEx. However, HTML
pages can't show listviews from comctl32.ocx. Anyway, this is not to be
asked in this group.

    But on a WinMe machine, the call to CoCreateInstanceEx fails with
0x80040155 (Interface not registered). I've read that it might be needed to
register proxy/stub dll's, but:

    a) W2K machine does not need it.
    b) I can't create the dll for the server. Nmake throws:
        dlldata.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_projectname_ProxyFileInfo.
        projectnameps.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'

    I've installed DCOM package on this WinMe machine, just to make sure.
    The dlls are compiled for min size build (w/o _ATL_MIN_CRT).
    What could be wrong?

    Thanks for any help.
    Best wishes.
    Javier.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:49:32 GMT

1. DotNet FrameWork for non-Windows machines

2. Getting a C# .Net application to run on a non developer machine

3. Curses for non-unix machine

4. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

5. A freeware for non-comersial State machine script parser generates c++ classes

6. ATL component written in VC.NET 2002 won't register on non .NET machine

7. EBDIC machine and C, non-English computer and C

8. Application won't run on non-development machine

9. Invisible ToolBar Buttons on non VC Machine

10. Crashes on Non-Intel Machines

11. CoCreateInstance returns 0x80040155 (Interface not registered) after instanciating a class object

12. 0x80040155 - Interface not registered