Common Control
Author Message
 Common Control

Hi,
  Iam trying to create a common control( say "edit" ) using CWindowImpl. But
I couldnt use Create() because I didnt find it take the WindClass
Name("Edit" here ) as parameter. I know Contained window takes the Windclass
name as param. But how do I create using CWindowImpl by specifying the
windclass name ?

Thanks,
-Venkat

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:35:27 GMT
 Common Control
CWindowImpl is for implementing your own window class. For predefined
one, just use CWindow or CContainedWindow. CWindow has, and
CContainedWindow inherits, a Create overload that accepts window class
name.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hi,
>   Iam trying to create a common control( say "edit" ) using
CWindowImpl. But
> I couldnt use Create() because I didnt find it take the WindClass
> Name("Edit" here ) as parameter. I know Contained window takes the
Windclass
> name as param. But how do I create using CWindowImpl by specifying the
> windclass name ?

> Thanks,
> -Venkat

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:59:46 GMT
 Common Control
Also see the ATLCON sample and its atlcontrols.h header which
defines wrappers for all Windows standard controls and most
common controls. (BTW "EDIT" is a standard, not common control.)

Also WTL (the Windows Template Library) has a header with
wrappers for all standard and all common controls.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi,
>   Iam trying to create a common control( say "edit" ) using CWindowImpl. But
> I couldnt use Create() because I didnt find it take the WindClass
> Name("Edit" here ) as parameter. I know Contained window takes the Windclass
> name as param. But how do I create using CWindowImpl by specifying the
> windclass name ?

> Thanks,
> -Venkat

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 02:42:20 GMT
 Common Control
Thanks a lot everyone. But one thing Iam curious to know  is why Microsoft
didnt support it with CWindowImpl ?
-Venkat

Also see the ATLCON sample and its atlcontrols.h header which
defines wrappers for all Windows standard controls and most
common controls. (BTW "EDIT" is a standard, not common control.)

Also WTL (the Windows Template Library) has a header with
wrappers for all standard and all common controls.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi,
>   Iam trying to create a common control( say "edit" ) using CWindowImpl.
But
> I couldnt use Create() because I didnt find it take the WindClass
> Name("Edit" here ) as parameter. I know Contained window takes the
Windclass
> name as param. But how do I create using CWindowImpl by specifying the
> windclass name ?

> Thanks,
> -Venkat

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:11:51 GMT
 Common Control
Again, CWindowImpl is designed for different purpose. You are supposed
to derive from it and implement your own window class, not to use it as
a wrapper for an existing class. CWindowImpl does support superclassing
of existing window classes, which is a technique of writing your own
controls that "inherit" functionality from existing ones.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Thanks a lot everyone. But one thing Iam curious to know  is why
Microsoft
> didnt support it with CWindowImpl ?
> -Venkat

> Also see the ATLCON sample and its atlcontrols.h header which
> defines wrappers for all Windows standard controls and most
> common controls. (BTW "EDIT" is a standard, not common control.)

> Also WTL (the Windows Template Library) has a header with
> wrappers for all standard and all common controls.

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > Hi,
> >   Iam trying to create a common control( say "edit" ) using
CWindowImpl.
> But
> > I couldnt use Create() because I didnt find it take the WindClass
> > Name("Edit" here ) as parameter. I know Contained window takes the
> Windclass
> > name as param. But how do I create using CWindowImpl by specifying
the
> > windclass name ?

> > Thanks,
> > -Venkat

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:47:57 GMT

1. Controls Created Under Common Control Manifest

2. Common Controls in ActiveX Control

3. why my Composite Control can't capture the command message send by child common control

4. Capturing common control notification messages

5. Adding CLR support to MFC app causes common control problem

6. Transparent dialog in property sheet with Windows XP common controls

7. Windows XP Styles for common controls

8. Common Controls

9. MFC, Common Controls and Dialogs, please enlighten me.

10. Finding latest SDK for common controls

11. Hooking common control in C language

12. Winsock Common Control 6.0 is Cool