intellisense not working
Author Message
 intellisense not working

Hi,

I am creating a ATL dll (VC++ 6) that uses a static library. I added the
reference to the library using link option, included necessary .h files and
the ATL project compiles fine.

When I wanted to create objects from classes from the static library, the
intellisense would not show the class names.

Then I commented a forward class declaration in one of the .h file (for no
reason to be honest) compiled my ATL project again. There were compiler
errors, the forward declaration was required! So reverted the changes in the
.h file,compiled ATL project again. No errors, and guess what intellisense
started to work!!

Any ideas on why the intellisense was not working earlier and why it started
to work afterwards?

regards,
Ashutosh

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:19:26 GMT
 intellisense not working
First off, Intelli[Non]Sense is not 100% error free (though buggy is a bit
too strong, it has surprisingly few bugs for an entirely new technology
in VC6...). As for the behavior you observe, it is actually to be expected.
While you compile, the NCB file is also updated, so the symbols become
accessible in Intelli[Non]Sense after the compilation finishes...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am creating a ATL dll (VC++ 6) that uses a static library. I added the
> reference to the library using link option, included necessary .h files and
> the ATL project compiles fine.

> When I wanted to create objects from classes from the static library, the
> intellisense would not show the class names.

> Then I commented a forward class declaration in one of the .h file (for no
> reason to be honest) compiled my ATL project again. There were compiler
> errors, the forward declaration was required! So reverted the changes in the
> .h file,compiled ATL project again. No errors, and guess what intellisense
> started to work!!

> Any ideas on why the intellisense was not working earlier and why it started
> to work afterwards?

> regards,
> Ashutosh

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:50:07 GMT
 intellisense not working
I would recommend you to use Visual Assist add-on. It cost a few but
simplifies work a lot.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am creating a ATL dll (VC++ 6) that uses a static library. I added the
> reference to the library using link option, included necessary .h files
and
> the ATL project compiles fine.

> When I wanted to create objects from classes from the static library, the
> intellisense would not show the class names.

> Then I commented a forward class declaration in one of the .h file (for no
> reason to be honest) compiled my ATL project again. There were compiler
> errors, the forward declaration was required! So reverted the changes in
the
> .h file,compiled ATL project again. No errors, and guess what intellisense
> started to work!!

> Any ideas on why the intellisense was not working earlier and why it
started
> to work afterwards?

> regards,
> Ashutosh

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:39:42 GMT

1. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

2. IntelliSense not working with header file only classes

3. Intellisense not working

4. HELP!! Intellisense not working properly.

5. Help! IntelliSense not working!

6. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after __typeof operator

7. Intellisense: Often does not work, reproducable sample

8. IntelliSense Does NOT Work?

9. Intellisense does not work any more

10. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

11. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

12. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after the __typeof operator