MMC Snap-in
Author Message
 MMC Snap-in

Hello,
I'm creating an MMC snap-in that's supposed to open a dialog box at the
initialization stage and the choice of adding the snap-in to the MMC panel
is made according to the options the user selects in this dialog box. And
therefore, it sounds reasonable if I don't add the snap-in to the panel if
the user pushes the cancel button in the box!

However, I do not know where the heck I have to open the dialog so that I
can skip the initialization stage of adding the snap-in to the panel, if and
only if the user press the box's cancel button.

Any idea?

Cheers,
Mehdi
--
MSVC++ Programmer and a web developer
Wanna create your own screen savers? Take a look at my latest article:

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:03:44 GMT
 MMC Snap-in
Hello Mehdi,

Find out how to use IPropertySheetProvider...

Regards
Roger

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'm creating an MMC snap-in that's supposed to open a dialog box at the
> initialization stage and the choice of adding the snap-in to the MMC panel
> is made according to the options the user selects in this dialog box. And
> therefore, it sounds reasonable if I don't add the snap-in to the panel if
> the user pushes the cancel button in the box!

> However, I do not know where the heck I have to open the dialog so that I
> can skip the initialization stage of adding the snap-in to the panel, if
and
> only if the user press the box's cancel button.

> Any idea?

> Cheers,
> Mehdi
> --
> MSVC++ Programmer and a web developer
> Wanna create your own screen savers? Take a look at my latest article:
> http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/BallFusion.asp

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:12:35 GMT
 MMC Snap-in
Hi Mehdi,

If you are creating the snap-in with ATL, you just need to hook
QueryPagesFor() method, and test if type is CCT_SNAPIN_MANAGER, it's the
calling that MMC does when you use the Add/Remove Dialog Box.

[]'s
Roger

Quote:
> Hello,
> I'm creating an MMC snap-in that's supposed to open a dialog box at the
> initialization stage and the choice of adding the snap-in to the MMC panel
> is made according to the options the user selects in this dialog box. And
> therefore, it sounds reasonable if I don't add the snap-in to the panel if
> the user pushes the cancel button in the box!

> However, I do not know where the heck I have to open the dialog so that I
> can skip the initialization stage of adding the snap-in to the panel, if
and
> only if the user press the box's cancel button.

> Any idea?

> Cheers,
> Mehdi
> --
> MSVC++ Programmer and a web developer
> Wanna create your own screen savers? Take a look at my latest article:
> http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/BallFusion.asp

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:03:50 GMT

1. MMC Snapin

2. ATL MMC Snapins

3. MMC Snapin

4. MMC-Snapin

5. MMC Snap-in with C#

6. MMC Snapin

7. writing an MMC snap-in using C#

8. MMC snap-in

9. MMC Snap-ins

10. MMC Snapin with OCX Resultview failed to create control

11. MMC Snapin, refresh prob.

12. check box in MMC SnapIn