Controlling an event of an ActiveX control
Author Message
 Controlling an event of an ActiveX control

Hi all..

I have a Visual Basic form that has a TreeView Control. I have made an ATL
COM object to populate that TreeView (the ATL receives that TreeView as an
IDispatch pointer). Now I need to control all events coming from that
control.

By seeing the generated TLH file, I saw that it has an interface named
ITreeViewEvents that has the method NodeCheck, which is one of the event I
need to control. How can I use that interface to accomplish what I need or
is there other solution?

Thanks
Jaime

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 03:38:24 GMT
 Controlling an event of an ActiveX control
Implement the control's event interface on a sink of your own
and attach it to the control via AtlAdvise.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Hi all..

> I have a Visual Basic form that has a TreeView Control. I have made an ATL
> COM object to populate that TreeView (the ATL receives that TreeView as an
> IDispatch pointer). Now I need to control all events coming from that
> control.

> By seeing the generated TLH file, I saw that it has an interface named
> ITreeViewEvents that has the method NodeCheck, which is one of the event I
> need to control. How can I use that interface to accomplish what I need or
> is there other solution?

> Thanks
> Jaime

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:57:20 GMT
 Controlling an event of an ActiveX control
Can you teach me how to do it, please?

Jaime

Implement the control's event interface on a sink of your own
and attach it to the control via AtlAdvise.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Hi all..

> I have a Visual Basic form that has a TreeView Control. I have made an ATL
> COM object to populate that TreeView (the ATL receives that TreeView as an
> IDispatch pointer). Now I need to control all events coming from that
> control.

> By seeing the generated TLH file, I saw that it has an interface named
> ITreeViewEvents that has the method NodeCheck, which is one of the event I
> need to control. How can I use that interface to accomplish what I need or
> is there other solution?

> Thanks
> Jaime

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:13:38 GMT
 Controlling an event of an ActiveX control
I just typed all of this a few threads back. May I ask you to
browse the group back to the "COM and Event Sink" thread...

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:

> Can you teach me how to do it, please?

> Jaime

> Implement the control's event interface on a sink of your own
> and attach it to the control via AtlAdvise.

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > Hi all..

> > I have a Visual Basic form that has a TreeView Control. I have made an ATL
> > COM object to populate that TreeView (the ATL receives that TreeView as an
> > IDispatch pointer). Now I need to control all events coming from that
> > control.

> > By seeing the generated TLH file, I saw that it has an interface named
> > ITreeViewEvents that has the method NodeCheck, which is one of the event I
> > need to control. How can I use that interface to accomplish what I need or
> > is there other solution?

> > Thanks
> > Jaime

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 02:17:27 GMT

1. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

2. Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

3. ActiveX control inside another activex control

4. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

5. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

6. ActiveX control inside another ActiveX control

7. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

8. ActiveX control in an ActiveX control

9. Modify Activex Control Properties from other Activex Control.

10. ActiveX-control inside ActiveX-control

11. Custom ActiveX control built on a Standard (comctl32.ocx) ActiveX Control

12. Windowless ActiveX control/ Transparent ActiveX control