Windows Hook
Author Message
 Windows Hook

Hi,

I have written a system level windows hook to capture the keyboard. The aim
is to disable the printscreen functionality at os level.
I am able to capture the printscreen key but somehow the functionality
cannot be overridden. What I mean is, I am able to get the key in the
keyboardproc (as key code 44), but after getting the key I am supposed to
make the os ignore this key. It works perfectly well for any other key but
fails for printscreen.

I am using standard apis, viz. SetWindowsHookEx, etc. and eventually get the
key code inside the KeyboardProc.

Thanks and Regards,
Parag Paithankar
Developer/Consultant, Maestros (Mediline)

Cell: 98206 10143

Web site : www.maestros.net
Contact details : www.maestros.net/contact.htm

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:40:21 GMT

1. Windows hooking and MFC /was Re: trap Windows message

2. Windows Hooks

3. Windows Hook Functions

4. how to use windows hook from a service

5. windows hook problem???

6. Windows Hook Problem

7. Low-level Windows hooks

8. Question on using Windows Hook

9. Windows Hooks problem

10. Windows Hook Question

11. Windows Hooks

12. How do I install a Windows hook from a DLL ?