DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98
Author Message
 DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98

I know that this might be a simple question, but I'm pretty new to all this
COM stuff...
I've created a COM server that runs on a NT machine. It works fine when I
access my object from another NT machine, but fails when I try to access it
with 95/98... Can someone help me?
Thanks,

Tiago Gehring

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98
DCOM is not shipped with Win98, you can download
it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/com/resources/downloads.asp

Quote:
> I know that this might be a simple question, but I'm pretty new to all
this
> COM stuff...
> I've created a COM server that runs on a NT machine. It works fine when I
> access my object from another NT machine, but fails when I try to access
it
> with 95/98... Can someone help me?
> Thanks,

> Tiago Gehring

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98
AFAIK, DCOM is present with 98. Not with 95 .. The one in the downloads
is an upgrade.

Quote:

--
Girish Bharadwaj

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?

2. Differences between Windows NT, 98 and 95.

3. Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

4. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

5. DBWin32 V2.2 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

6. Develope DB for clients computers running microsoft 95/98/NT

7. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

8. strcpy(x, x) works in NT/2000 but not 95/98

9. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

10. Reading registry values in 95/98 compared to NT/2000

11. What do I need to distribute (95/98/NT)

12. Single-binary MFC Unicode app for 95,98,NT