Shell extension interface to operate on non selected files?
Author Message
 Shell extension interface to operate on non selected files?

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my shell extension dll to
update file icons when refreshing Explorer. I am creating
each file icon from information in another file, so it is
possible for the icon to change simply by adding or
removing this data file. Since the IPersistFile interface
only operates on selected files, a user needs to have it
selected prior to issuing a refresh if they want the icon
to be updated. Can I get my shell extension to call
GetIconLocation for all files at refresh?

Thanks for your help,
Scott

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:18:40 GMT

1. file extensions and shell interface

2. Shell extension using MFC extension DLLs

3. Windows Shell Extension to file explorer using csharp

4. Shell Extensions: Context menu all files

5. Shell Extensions: Context menu all files

6. Shell Extensions for Single File.

7. Non-traditional file extensions

8. Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions

9. SDK file extension and MFC file extension

10. using non dll-interface class as base for dll-interface class

11. Proposal for a standard C/Operating System Interface Library

12. Shell Extensions donot get called in Web Folders