ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes Excel crash
Author Message
 ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes Excel crash

Hi,

I recently found out that if i compile an ActiveX control and put it in
Excel, Excel crases when ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES is on. Things go wrong when i
set properties or serialize data. I saw no problems in other containers.

What am i doing wrong?

Mon, 24 May 2004 18:39:32 GMT
 ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes Excel crash
Hello Marc,

Quote:
> I recently found out that if i compile an ActiveX control and put it in
> Excel, Excel crases when ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES is on.

There is known problem with _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES  and thread-safety in ATL.
Probably this will help [1].

[1] Q272024 - "BUG: Release Calls When Using _ATL_DEBUG_INTEFACES May
Crash",
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q272/0/24.ASP

--
Cheers,
Vadim Melnik,

Mon, 24 May 2004 20:27:57 GMT
 ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes Excel crash
Thank you,

I always tend to think that it's 'me'!

Marc.

Quote:
> Hello Marc,

> > I recently found out that if i compile an ActiveX control and put it in
> > Excel, Excel crases when ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES is on.

> There is known problem with _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES  and thread-safety in
ATL.
> Probably this will help [1].

> [1] Q272024 - "BUG: Release Calls When Using _ATL_DEBUG_INTEFACES May
> Crash",
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q272/0/24.ASP

> --
> Cheers,
> Vadim Melnik,
> _____________________
> http://www.docsultant.com/

Tue, 25 May 2004 16:31:20 GMT

1. /CLR option causing MMC Property Page to crash.

2. CControlBar::m_bAutoDelete=TRUE causes shutdown crash porting from VC6 to VC7

3. Local CPoint causes crash on exit

4. Converting some DSPs to VCPROJ causes crash?

5. ATL virtual destructor and events causes crash

6. minor change causes crash

7. Too many globals causing wierd crashes (Watcom 10.0)

8. _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes crashes when hooking up events

9. Call CreateThread function in NT 4.0, it cause crash Explorer for Shell Extionsion

10. ATL Control caused the application crash

11. ActiveX Event causes VB compiled apps to crash

12. Compiling atl component in VB is causing crash