DelayLoad and Regsvr32
Author Message
 DelayLoad and Regsvr32

I have an ATL control that uses various DLLs depending on the hardware
present. I want to use the /DelayLoad feature of VC6 so I don't have
to have the DLLs present for hardware that is not present. This works
for me in a test program (without COM), but when I try to build it
into my control, registration fails because regsvr32 can't find the
referenced DLL.

Is there any way to make regsvr32 pay attention to DelayLoad, or any
other way around this?

It there is a more appropraite newsgroup, please direct me. I have
searched the google newsgroup archives without success.

TIA,
Chris

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:03:16 GMT
 DelayLoad and Regsvr32
regsvr32 simply loads your DLL with LoadLibrary - nothing fancy going on.
Make regsvr32 an executable for debugging session and make sure that during
registration you don't call functions from delay-loaded DLLs. Also check
your project settings to see that those DLLs are indeed properly configured
for delay-loading
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Quote:
> I have an ATL control that uses various DLLs depending on the hardware
> present. I want to use the /DelayLoad feature of VC6 so I don't have
> to have the DLLs present for hardware that is not present. This works
> for me in a test program (without COM), but when I try to build it
> into my control, registration fails because regsvr32 can't find the
> referenced DLL.

> Is there any way to make regsvr32 pay attention to DelayLoad, or any
> other way around this?

> It there is a more appropraite newsgroup, please direct me. I have
> searched the google newsgroup archives without success.

> TIA,
> Chris

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:44:04 GMT
 DelayLoad and Regsvr32
Thanks - you're right, it was my mistake in my settings. Sorry!

Chris

On Thu, 10 May 2001 11:44:04 -0400, "Igor Tandetnik"

Quote:

>regsvr32 simply loads your DLL with LoadLibrary - nothing fancy going on.
>Make regsvr32 an executable for debugging session and make sure that during
>registration you don't call functions from delay-loaded DLLs. Also check
>your project settings to see that those DLLs are indeed properly configured
>for delay-loading

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:34:08 GMT

1. Need help with annoying warning: LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:mtxex.dll ignored

2. delayload

3. problems with /delayload

4. delayload how to change path in notification?

5. Using Delayload problem

6. Specifying /delayload on IDE

7. Has anyone gotten DELAYLOAD to work?

8. delayload

9. VcppException/DelayLoad DLLs Exception handler

10. REGSVR32

11. how to use regsvr32 to register a .NET dll

12. Regsvr32 Error: GetLastError returns 0x000000b6