HELP!! Automation Error
Author Message
 HELP!! Automation Error

I initially built a COM in-process server using the Visual C++ (v6
sp5) wizards. This was then converted so that it was possible to build
an in-process or out-of-process server depending on the requirements.
Both of these can be successfully used in Windows NT.
I have recently migrated to a Windows 2000 operating system, and
whilst the in-process server works without any problems attempting to
instanciate an object using the out-of-process server generates the
following error:

"Run-time Error '-2147220999 (800401f9)': Automation Error - Error In
The DLL"

I have rebuilt the server within the Windows 2000 environment, and
registered using the /reserver key but with no success. Has anyone got
any ideas?

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:12:10 GMT

1. Word Automation error help

2. Help: Ole Automation error?

3. Automation Error

4. Automation Error

5. CDaoDatabase, Access, & OLE Automation Error

6. OLE Automation error

7. Automation ERROR

8. 010D automation error.

9. OLE Automation error in Access Database

10. urgent:Automation Error

11. PRJ98 FileOpen Error 1101 with VC++ MFC Automation

12. Error with an Automation server