Internet Explorer Extensions
Author Message
 Internet Explorer Extensions

Hello all..

I'm writing an extension for Internet Explorer.
I need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
the running instance of Internet Explorer.

I  followed the instructions from the MS web site and I implemented
a toolbar button that calls my COM object.

What I did from MS web site :

    "Adding a toolbar button"
    - Done

    "Telling the browser that I want to call my COM"
    - Done and working (I added MessageBox in FinalConstruct and
FinalRelease)

    "If your COM object needs to access the Dynamic HTML (DHTML) Object
Model
    of the page that Internet Explorer is currently displaying, you must
implement IObjectWithSite."
    - Done

    "When IObjectWithSite is implemented, Internet Explorer will call
IObjectWithSite::SetSite and
    pass it a pointer to IShellBrowser."
    - Done and SetSite is called properly when my object in loaded

I see here that SetSite is called and a pointer to IShellBrowser is
passed... why when I write a browser helper
object, SetSite pass a IWebBrowser2 and when my COM is called from an
iexplorer toolbar button, it pass a
IShellBrowser pointer ?

Can I retrieve a IWebBrowser2 from a IShellBrowser ? How ?

I don't want to create a Browser Helper Object because I don't want my
object to load
in memory automatically when Windows Explorer starts...

Any help ?

thank you for reading

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:18:51 GMT
 Internet Explorer Extensions
I have seen it reported on the newsgroups that you can QI the pointer
you get in SetSite for IServiceProvider, and call
QueryService(SID_SWebBrowserApp) to get IWebBrowser2 pointer. Have not
tried it myself though.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello all..

> I'm writing an extension for Internet Explorer.
> I need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
> the running instance of Internet Explorer.

> I  followed the instructions from the MS web site and I implemented
> a toolbar button that calls my COM object.

> What I did from MS web site :

>     "Adding a toolbar button"
>     - Done

>     "Telling the browser that I want to call my COM"
>     - Done and working (I added MessageBox in FinalConstruct and
> FinalRelease)

>     "If your COM object needs to access the Dynamic HTML (DHTML)
Object
> Model
>     of the page that Internet Explorer is currently displaying, you
must
> implement IObjectWithSite."
>     - Done

>     "When IObjectWithSite is implemented, Internet Explorer will call
> IObjectWithSite::SetSite and
>     pass it a pointer to IShellBrowser."
>     - Done and SetSite is called properly when my object in loaded

> I see here that SetSite is called and a pointer to IShellBrowser is
> passed... why when I write a browser helper
> object, SetSite pass a IWebBrowser2 and when my COM is called from an
> iexplorer toolbar button, it pass a
> IShellBrowser pointer ?

> Can I retrieve a IWebBrowser2 from a IShellBrowser ? How ?

> I don't want to create a Browser Helper Object because I don't want my
> object to load
> in memory automatically when Windows Explorer starts...

> Any help ?

> thank you for reading

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:21:49 GMT
 Internet Explorer Extensions
It is working !

Thank you very much for the answer !

Happy easter
regards

Mike

Quote:
> I have seen it reported on the newsgroups that you can QI the pointer
> you get in SetSite for IServiceProvider, and call
> QueryService(SID_SWebBrowserApp) to get IWebBrowser2 pointer. Have not
> tried it myself though.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > Hello all..

> > I'm writing an extension for Internet Explorer.
> > I need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
> > the running instance of Internet Explorer.

> > I  followed the instructions from the MS web site and I implemented
> > a toolbar button that calls my COM object.

> > What I did from MS web site :

> >     "Adding a toolbar button"
> >     - Done

> >     "Telling the browser that I want to call my COM"
> >     - Done and working (I added MessageBox in FinalConstruct and
> > FinalRelease)

> >     "If your COM object needs to access the Dynamic HTML (DHTML)
> Object
> > Model
> >     of the page that Internet Explorer is currently displaying, you
> must
> > implement IObjectWithSite."
> >     - Done

> >     "When IObjectWithSite is implemented, Internet Explorer will call
> > IObjectWithSite::SetSite and
> >     pass it a pointer to IShellBrowser."
> >     - Done and SetSite is called properly when my object in loaded

> > I see here that SetSite is called and a pointer to IShellBrowser is
> > passed... why when I write a browser helper
> > object, SetSite pass a IWebBrowser2 and when my COM is called from an
> > iexplorer toolbar button, it pass a
> > IShellBrowser pointer ?

> > Can I retrieve a IWebBrowser2 from a IShellBrowser ? How ?

> > I don't want to create a Browser Helper Object because I don't want my
> > object to load
> > in memory automatically when Windows Explorer starts...

> > Any help ?

> > thank you for reading

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:26:20 GMT
 Internet Explorer Extensions
hello,
I'm writing an ActiveX control for Internet Explorer.
 I also need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
 the running instance of Internet Explorer.Would you please send
  your source code to me to show me how to do that?
thank you very much!

Quote:
> It is working !

> Thank you very much for the answer !

> Happy easter
> regards

> Mike

> > I have seen it reported on the newsgroups that you can QI the pointer
> > you get in SetSite for IServiceProvider, and call
> > QueryService(SID_SWebBrowserApp) to get IWebBrowser2 pointer. Have not
> > tried it myself though.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
> > and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > Hello all..

> > > I'm writing an extension for Internet Explorer.
> > > I need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
> > > the running instance of Internet Explorer.

> > > I  followed the instructions from the MS web site and I implemented
> > > a toolbar button that calls my COM object.

> > > What I did from MS web site :

> > >     "Adding a toolbar button"
> > >     - Done

> > >     "Telling the browser that I want to call my COM"
> > >     - Done and working (I added MessageBox in FinalConstruct and
> > > FinalRelease)

> > >     "If your COM object needs to access the Dynamic HTML (DHTML)
> > Object
> > > Model
> > >     of the page that Internet Explorer is currently displaying, you
> > must
> > > implement IObjectWithSite."
> > >     - Done

> > >     "When IObjectWithSite is implemented, Internet Explorer will call
> > > IObjectWithSite::SetSite and
> > >     pass it a pointer to IShellBrowser."
> > >     - Done and SetSite is called properly when my object in loaded

> > > I see here that SetSite is called and a pointer to IShellBrowser is
> > > passed... why when I write a browser helper
> > > object, SetSite pass a IWebBrowser2 and when my COM is called from an
> > > iexplorer toolbar button, it pass a
> > > IShellBrowser pointer ?

> > > Can I retrieve a IWebBrowser2 from a IShellBrowser ? How ?

> > > I don't want to create a Browser Helper Object because I don't want my
> > > object to load
> > > in memory automatically when Windows Explorer starts...

> > > Any help ?

> > > thank you for reading

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:21:00 GMT
 Internet Explorer Extensions
See KB Article Q172763 "INFO: Accessing the Object Model from Within an
ActiveX Control"
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> hello,
> I'm writing an ActiveX control for Internet Explorer.
>  I also need to have access to the IWebBrowser2 interface of
>  the running instance of Internet Explorer.Would you please send
>   your source code to me to show me how to do that?
> thank you very much!

> > It is working !

> > Thank you very much for the answer !

> > Happy easter
> > regards

> > Mike

> > > I have seen it reported on the newsgroups that you can QI the
pointer
> > > you get in SetSite for IServiceProvider, and call
> > > QueryService(SID_SWebBrowserApp) to get IWebBrowser2 pointer. Have
not
> > > tried it myself though.
> > > --
> > > With best wishes,
> > >     Igor Tandetnik

> > > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
neat,
> > > and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > Object
> > > must

loaded

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:14:16 GMT

1. Internet Explorer Extension

2. Internet Explorer Extension

3. Registering file extension to windows system and making the extension availlable without reboot as explorer does

4. !! HELP: Reset Internet Options in Internet Explorer

5. Strong name for Internet Explorer control wrapper

6. disable internet explorer debuging

7. Creating Windows Forms Controls for Internet Explorer using Managed C++

8. Writing data to Internet Explorer navigation window

9. Visual C++ .net - Internet Explorer MDI Form...

10. can I use command line to launch internet explorer and open one url each time

11. Custom Internet Explorer Toolbars!

12. Custom Internet Explorer Toolbars