.exe to .exe XML data transfer via COM/DCOM ... Help?
Author Message
 .exe to .exe XML data transfer via COM/DCOM ... Help?

Greetings to you all ( apologies for the "spam" nature )

I would like to know if anyone in these newsgroups could advise and
recommend on mechanisms to effect the transfer of XML data from one .exe to
another .exe using COM/DCOM.

At its simplest level, one of the .exe's, the "server", when requested would
send back out an XML representation of some internal data.  The other .exe,
the "client", would take that XML data, do some computation, and send it
back.

So, the basic question ... aside from establishing the actual COM/DCOM link
... would be what does one do the XML data to prepare to ship across
back-and-forth?

If anyone has any suggestions or pointers to code samples that depict this
they would truly be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rodolfo J. Cazabon

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 06:11:53 GMT
 .exe to .exe XML data transfer via COM/DCOM ... Help?
XML data is plain text, it does not need any special preparation or
anything. That's the whole point of XML in the first place. You send it
just as you would send any string.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Greetings to you all ( apologies for the "spam" nature )

> I would like to know if anyone in these newsgroups could advise and
> recommend on mechanisms to effect the transfer of XML data from one
.exe to
> another .exe using COM/DCOM.

> At its simplest level, one of the .exe's, the "server", when requested
would
> send back out an XML representation of some internal data.  The other
.exe,
> the "client", would take that XML data, do some computation, and send
it
> back.

> So, the basic question ... aside from establishing the actual COM/DCOM
link
> ... would be what does one do the XML data to prepare to ship across
> back-and-forth?

> If anyone has any suggestions or pointers to code samples that depict
this
> they would truly be appreciated.

> Sincerely,
> Rodolfo J. Cazabon

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:39:03 GMT

1. Transfer data members from .exe to .dll

2. ATL/COM out-of-process EXE and DCOM

3. how to program a searchengine.exe like webferret.exe see ferretsoft.com

4. How transfer files via DCOM

5. a.exe + b.exe = c.exe

6. redistributing cl.exe, link.exe, nmake.exe, etc.

7. cl.exe, link.exe, mscvrt.exe Madness...

8. How to call B.exe from A.exe and then stop A.exe

9. Help: start win .exe from win .exe

10. HELP!!! cl.exe And bscmake.exe Errors

11. DCOM - transferring data to a remote computer

12. Advice on handeling protocol transfer via COM Port requested