Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL
Author Message
 Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL

My ATL project contains a lot of property sheet and property pages. so I
thought of developing a property sheet and a property page framework classes
similar to MFC CPropertyPage and CPropertySheet ones. However I found it
relatively difficult to do so in ATL. Initially I wanted to derive both
property sheet and property page classes from CDialogImpl and provide
StartDialogProc as property page dialog procedure. However I found I cannot
use ATL windowing thunk mechanism to attach a C++ class to property sheet
and property pages due to simultaneous creation of property sheet and
property page inside a call to ::PropertySheet global function. In this same
time I cannot use MFC hooking mechanism to associate a C++ class with a
property page window handle since in MFC the class' this pointer is passes
as lParam of PROPSHEETPAGE structure but I need to use it myself for a
custom data.

Does anyone know any source on the Web where this framework is already
implemented or does anyone have any idea how to do this best in ATL?

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:38:19 GMT
 Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL

WTL from the Platform SDK and Attila at www.sellsbrothers.com/attila

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> My ATL project contains a lot of property sheet and property pages. so I
> thought of developing a property sheet and a property page framework
classes
> similar to MFC CPropertyPage and CPropertySheet ones. However I found it
> relatively difficult to do so in ATL. Initially I wanted to derive both
> property sheet and property page classes from CDialogImpl and provide
> StartDialogProc as property page dialog procedure. However I found I
cannot
> use ATL windowing thunk mechanism to attach a C++ class to property sheet
> and property pages due to simultaneous creation of property sheet and
> property page inside a call to ::PropertySheet global function. In this
same
> time I cannot use MFC hooking mechanism to associate a C++ class with a
> property page window handle since in MFC the class' this pointer is passes
> as lParam of PROPSHEETPAGE structure but I need to use it myself for a
> custom data.

> Does anyone know any source on the Web where this framework is already
> implemented or does anyone have any idea how to do this best in ATL?

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:43:17 GMT
 Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, this Attila library turned out
to be very useful. However I would like to learn more about WTL. Developers
have been talking about it for a while. What version of Platform SDK must I
have to get it? Does Platform SDK contains only WTL headers or other
documentation (help and samples)? Where can I get most comprehensive
information about WTL?

Quote:
> WTL from the Platform SDK and Attila at www.sellsbrothers.com/attila

> --
> =====================================
> Alexander Nickolov
> Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> =====================================

> > My ATL project contains a lot of property sheet and property pages. so I
> > thought of developing a property sheet and a property page framework
> classes
> > similar to MFC CPropertyPage and CPropertySheet ones. However I found it
> > relatively difficult to do so in ATL. Initially I wanted to derive both
> > property sheet and property page classes from CDialogImpl and provide
> > StartDialogProc as property page dialog procedure. However I found I
> cannot
> > use ATL windowing thunk mechanism to attach a C++ class to property
sheet
> > and property pages due to simultaneous creation of property sheet and
> > property page inside a call to ::PropertySheet global function. In this
> same
> > time I cannot use MFC hooking mechanism to associate a C++ class with a
> > property page window handle since in MFC the class' this pointer is
passes
> > as lParam of PROPSHEETPAGE structure but I need to use it myself for a
> > custom data.

> > Does anyone know any source on the Web where this framework is already
> > implemented or does anyone have any idea how to do this best in ATL?

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:41:03 GMT
 Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL
Platform SDK Jan'2000 or later

www.idevresource.com/wtl
www.clipcode.com

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov
Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, this Attila library turned
out
> to be very useful. However I would like to learn more about WTL.
Developers
> have been talking about it for a while. What version of Platform SDK must
> have to get it? Does Platform SDK contains only WTL headers or other
> documentation (help and samples)? Where can I get most comprehensive
> information about WTL?

> > WTL from the Platform SDK and Attila at www.sellsbrothers.com/attila

> > --
> > =====================================
> > Alexander Nickolov
> > Microsoft MVP [VC], MCSD

> > MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> > =====================================

> > > My ATL project contains a lot of property sheet and property pages. so
> > > thought of developing a property sheet and a property page framework
> > classes
> > > similar to MFC CPropertyPage and CPropertySheet ones. However I found
it
> > > relatively difficult to do so in ATL. Initially I wanted to derive
both
> > > property sheet and property page classes from CDialogImpl and provide
> > > StartDialogProc as property page dialog procedure. However I found I
> > cannot
> > > use ATL windowing thunk mechanism to attach a C++ class to property
> sheet
> > > and property pages due to simultaneous creation of property sheet and
> > > property page inside a call to ::PropertySheet global function. In
this
> > same
> > > time I cannot use MFC hooking mechanism to associate a C++ class with
> > > property page window handle since in MFC the class' this pointer is
> passes
> > > as lParam of PROPSHEETPAGE structure but I need to use it myself for a
> > > custom data.

> > > Does anyone know any source on the Web where this framework is already
> > > implemented or does anyone have any idea how to do this best in ATL?

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:41:49 GMT

1. How to disable property page on property sheet.

2. Property sheet in a property page

3. Property pages disappearing from property sheet on selection

4. questions regarding property sheet and property page

5. Problem with same property page in multiple property sheets

6. Sizing Property Sheets/Property Pages

7. Problems with property sheets and property pages

8. Property Sheet and Property Pages

9. Property Sheet on Property Page?

10. resizable property sheet and property page

11. Q: Set Tab Window Text in Property Page/Property Sheet

12. Property Sheets and property pages!!