Raw Win32 RichEdit app example?
Author Message
 Raw Win32 RichEdit app example?

Greetings everyone...

Many years ago there existed a sample on MSDN called "Reitp" which was
sample that used the RichEdit control in a raw Win32 application.

However, that sample was never updated and doesn't even compile.

Could anyone point me to a newer sample that uses the RichEdit control in a
raw Win32 app? (please, not MFC or ATL)

I look forward to your replies...

Sincerely,
Rodolfo J. Cazabon

Mon, 24 May 2004 03:10:41 GMT
 Raw Win32 RichEdit app example?
Hi Rodolfo,

I compiled this sample (Reitp) in IDE (VC++ 6.0) successfully.

How did you compile the sample, from Command Line? What errors did you get when compiling?

You may encounter the errer "This application has failed to start because mspdb50.dll was not found...".

This problem can occur if the link.exe you are using is from SDK\bin folder.

To workaround this problem, use the link.exe from "Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin"

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============
Need quick answers to questions like these? The Microsoft Knowledge Base provides a wealth of information that you can use to troubleshoot a problem or answer a
question! It's located at http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F>.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Raw Win32 RichEdit app example?
>Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:10:41 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.atl,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

>Greetings everyone...

>Many years ago there existed a sample on MSDN called "Reitp" which was
>sample that used the RichEdit control in a raw Win32 application.

>However, that sample was never updated and doesn't even compile.

>Could anyone point me to a newer sample that uses the RichEdit control in a
>raw Win32 app? (please, not MFC or ATL)

>I look forward to your replies...

>Sincerely,
>Rodolfo J. Cazabon

Tue, 25 May 2004 15:01:26 GMT

1. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

2. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

3. win32 app vs win32 console app?

4. porting from win32 app to win32 console app

5. running win32 apps and dos apps from a menu app

6. Confused: Win32 App vs Win32 Console

7. Connecting a console app and a WIN32 app using pipes

8. Shelling to a Win32 app from a Win16 app

9. Running console app from within a win32 app

10. Running console app from within a win32 app

11. Raw input in console app

12. Traybar App with raw API (no MFC !)