ActiveX inside ActiveX
Author Message
 ActiveX inside ActiveX

Hello,

I would like to create an ActiveX control (using ATL) and use inside it
another existing ActiveX control like, for instance, a Microsoft ProgressBar
control.

What is the best way to do that?
Just insert the control on my dialog and map a class to it using class
wizard with Type Library?

Is there some special consideration beyond that the embedded ActiveX must be
registered as mine will on the machine where they will run?

Any special change on the way we implement a simple ATL ActiveX?

Regards,
fpm.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:06:51 GMT
 ActiveX inside ActiveX
You want a composite control. There's a Wizard for this.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Hello,

> I would like to create an ActiveX control (using ATL) and use inside
it
> another existing ActiveX control like, for instance, a Microsoft
ProgressBar
> control.

> What is the best way to do that?
> Just insert the control on my dialog and map a class to it using class
> wizard with Type Library?

> Is there some special consideration beyond that the embedded ActiveX
must be
> registered as mine will on the machine where they will run?

> Any special change on the way we implement a simple ATL ActiveX?

> Regards,
> fpm.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:09:45 GMT
 ActiveX inside ActiveX
Igor,

Ok, I have successfully created the composite control.
Once I have created a method inside my control how I will be able to access
the embedded control once there is no reference to it on my IDL file?

Regards,
Fernando.

Quote:
> You want a composite control. There's a Wizard for this.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > Hello,

> > I would like to create an ActiveX control (using ATL) and use inside
> it
> > another existing ActiveX control like, for instance, a Microsoft
> ProgressBar
> > control.

> > What is the best way to do that?
> > Just insert the control on my dialog and map a class to it using class
> > wizard with Type Library?

> > Is there some special consideration beyond that the embedded ActiveX
> must be
> > registered as mine will on the machine where they will run?

> > Any special change on the way we implement a simple ATL ActiveX?

> > Regards,
> > fpm.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 03:01:34 GMT
 ActiveX inside ActiveX
You can have a property in the parent control that returns an interface
pointer of contained control. Or you can expose some properties and
methods of child control as your own, and simply forward the calls.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Quote:
> Igor,

> Ok, I have successfully created the composite control.
> Once I have created a method inside my control how I will be able to
access
> the embedded control once there is no reference to it on my IDL file?

> Regards,
> Fernando.

> > You want a composite control. There's a Wizard for this.
> > --
> > With best wishes,
> >     Igor Tandetnik

> > "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
neat,
> > and wrong." H.L. Mencken

> > > Hello,

> > > I would like to create an ActiveX control (using ATL) and use
inside
> > it
> > > another existing ActiveX control like, for instance, a Microsoft
> > ProgressBar
> > > control.

> > > What is the best way to do that?
> > > Just insert the control on my dialog and map a class to it using
class
> > > wizard with Type Library?

> > > Is there some special consideration beyond that the embedded
ActiveX
> > must be
> > > registered as mine will on the machine where they will run?

> > > Any special change on the way we implement a simple ATL ActiveX?

> > > Regards,
> > > fpm.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 03:28:19 GMT

1. ActiveX inside ActiveX

2. ActiveX control inside another activex control

3. Create an ActiveX from inside another ActiveX

4. ActiveX control inside another ActiveX control

5. Retrieve ActiveX inside an ActiveX

6. Creating ActiveX inside of another ActiveX

7. ActiveX-control inside ActiveX-control

8. ActiveX...ActiveX...GreenTree DataList...ActiveX

9. Problem about a COM object inside a ActiveX

10. Problem using activex control inside ATL com dll

11. Very IMP!!!Embedding an activex control inside another!!HOw to access its property sheet

12. Z-order of contained ActiveX inside Composite